+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get TRV stamped from another visa office after getting it approvied inside Canada?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi, I'm thinking about getting my "inside Canada" TRV stamped abroad as well due to my tight travel dates. Could you share how did this go for you at your VAC? Any tips you could share would be hugely appreciated! Thanks :)
When you have the approval letter, you should have no problem submitting your passport at any VAC around the world, as this thread explained.

Maninderjit7

Jul 15, 2019
Hey,
I'm facing same problem. I have to go India in emergency. I have work permit but don't have TRV Stamp. Can I get stamp from India visa office to get back to Canada???
Please help me asap it's very urgent
Thanks.

rozeena

Sep 19, 2017
I have passport request letter to finalize decision. I am leaving to India and will be submitting passport at vac in india.. I got approval online in canada

rozeena

Sep 19, 2017
As per the response I received from the Ottawa Case Processing Centre, if you have the visa approval letter from CIC (it shows up in your online account once they approve your visa), you can use it to have the visa stamped at any visa office around the world.

Hi did u applied out Canada for stamping?

So assuming your visa gets approved, you should be able to get it stamped at the NY office. Hope it all goes well! Cheers!

nav0707

Jun 3, 2019
I have passport request letter to finalize decision. I am leaving to India and will be submitting passport at vac in india.. I got approval online in canada
Hi Rozeena, I am in the same situation as you. I have my flight on 23rd December and I am waiting for the passport submission request from IRCC. Would it be okay if I send my passport for stamping in India? Also, how long did it take you to get your passport stamped? I have my return flight on 16 January. Do you think I can get my passport stamped by then? I would appreciate your early response to this matter.

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
Old thread, but just wanted to check if it was possible without hassle to get TRV stamped from another country.

DivyaK

Nov 27, 2020
I just got the email from Ottawa. The content of email is as follows:

"Please be informed that online applicants have the option to submit their passport to a Canadian immigration office abroad. If you choose to submit your passport to a Canadian mission abroad, please contact that office for information regarding processing times for visa printing. For a list of visa offices outside Canada, please consult: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp"
Hello Etheriel,
May I please know how you emailed CPC-Ottawa? To which email address and how much time did it take for you to get response? I have the approval letter but I need to travel to my home country immediately and don't have enough time to get it stamped in Ottawa? Information regarding this would be very much appreciated.

DivyaK

Nov 27, 2020
Hi Rozeena, I am in the same situation as you. I have my flight on 23rd December and I am waiting for the passport submission request from IRCC. Would it be okay if I send my passport for stamping in India? Also, how long did it take you to get your passport stamped? I have my return flight on 16 January. Do you think I can get my passport stamped by then? I would appreciate your early response to this matter.
Hello,
I'm currently in the same situation, can you please tell me what is the process and how to get in stamped in India? I need to travel to India due to an emergency and I got my passport submission letter. Please help me with this.

nawabs11

Dec 8, 2020
Hello,
I'm currently in the same situation, can you please tell me what is the process and how to get in stamped in India? I need to travel to India due to an emergency and I got my passport submission letter. Please help me with this.
I am in the same situation and flying in the next 10 days to India. Need pointers please