+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get TRV stamped from another visa office after getting it approvied inside Canada?

etheriel

Oct 6, 2018
Hey guys,

Can someone please let me know if it's possible to get my passport stamped with the TRV from another visa office once it's approved within Canada?

My TRV got approved but since I'm traveling out of the country soon and reading about the mailing times for others, I don't think I'd be able to get it back in time to leave as per my plans.

So I was hoping I could get my visa stamped from the office of the country I'm going to (Pakistan)? That would be perfect.

Does anyone know about this? Please let me know!

Thanks! :)

zlsun

Nov 19, 2018
Hey guys,

Can someone please let me know if it's possible to get my passport stamped with the TRV from another visa office once it's approved within Canada?

My TRV got approved but since I'm traveling out of the country soon and reading about the mailing times for others, I don't think I'd be able to get it back in time to leave as per my plans.

So I was hoping I could get my visa stamped from the office of the country I'm going to (Pakistan)? That would be perfect.

I have emailed the Visa Application Center in Ottawa but have not received any response yet. However, I called the Visa Application Center in my country which said it was okay. I am waiting for the response from Ottawa.

etheriel

Oct 6, 2018
I have emailed the Visa Application Center in Ottawa but have not received any response yet. However, I called the Visa Application Center in my country which said it was okay. I am waiting for the response from Ottawa.
Which country are you from if you don't mind me asking?

And could you please let me know how I can find the contact info for the VAC in my country? As in did you call or email yours?

And lastly, could you please also let me know whenever CPC in Ottawa replies to you? When did you email them? I just emailed them this morning. Will provide an update whenever they get back.

Thanks so much! :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hey guys,

Yes

Reactions: etheriel

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey guys,

Yes, you can submit your passport for stamping in Pakistan

zlsun

Nov 19, 2018
Which country are you from if you don't mind me asking?

And could you please let me know how I can find the contact info for the VAC in my country? As in did you call or email yours?

And lastly, could you please also let me know whenever CPC in Ottawa replies to you? When did you email them? I just emailed them this morning. Will provide an update whenever they get back.

Thanks so much! :)
I just got the email from Ottawa. The content of email is as follows:

"Please be informed that online applicants have the option to submit their passport to a Canadian immigration office abroad. If you choose to submit your passport to a Canadian mission abroad, please contact that office for information regarding processing times for visa printing. For a list of visa offices outside Canada, please consult: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp"

etheriel

Oct 6, 2018

"Please be informed that online applicants have the option to submit their passport to a Canadian immigration office abroad. If you choose to submit your passport to a Canadian mission abroad, please contact that office for information regarding processing times for visa printing. For a list of visa offices outside Canada, please consult: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp"
Oh God, okay that solves everything lol. I was so stressed! I can finally breathe now sigh.

Thank you so much!

Sojinatty

Dec 2, 2018
Hi.. am in a bit of a similar situation.
Applied for visit visa for myself, wife and kid. Surprisingly, wife got approved after 3 weeks and myself and kid got refused after 3 months, then i re-applied adding wife's visa and cover letter.
We plan on visiting the US in two weeks then Canada for holiday but can't wait on Canada visa no more.
We applied online from Nigeria, my question is can we get the visa stamped at their office in New York if we get the PPR after arriving in US? Or can we just send the passports back to Nigeria,have someone submit on our behalf and stamped(learnt this is possible) and have it sent back to us in the U.S. before making our trip to Canada ( agent said this might raise a red flag at the port of entry as the visa would be issued from nigeria after date of entering US as they share the same database).
Please your advise will be highly appreciated as am very confused and can't wait longer in Nigeria hopelessly be the Canadian visa.
Thanks.

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018

Hi, did you apply for TRV or TRV extension? Another question, did they tell you its approved and send us your passport for stamping or just they asked to send the passport? I currently have the exact same situation! I have a flight on the 25th of December and I'm not sure if I have time to wait for CIC to mail my passport to my address in Canada. Please advise. Thank you so much!

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018

And please can you provide with the ottawa email that you have contacted? Thank you again! Take care

etheriel

Oct 6, 2018
Hi.. am in a bit of a similar situation.
Applied for visit visa for myself, wife and kid. Surprisingly, wife got approved after 3 weeks and myself and kid got refused after 3 months, then i re-applied adding wife's visa and cover letter.
We plan on visiting the US in two weeks then Canada for holiday but can't wait on Canada visa no more.
We applied online from Nigeria, my question is can we get the visa stamped at their office in New York if we get the PPR after arriving in US? Or can we just send the passports back to Nigeria,have someone submit on our behalf and stamped(learnt this is possible) and have it sent back to us in the U.S. before making our trip to Canada ( agent said this might raise a red flag at the port of entry as the visa would be issued from nigeria after date of entering US as they share the same database).
Please your advise will be highly appreciated as am very confused and can't wait longer in Nigeria hopelessly be the Canadian visa.
Thanks.
As per the response I received from the Ottawa Case Processing Centre, if you have the visa approval letter from CIC (it shows up in your online account once they approve your visa), you can use it to have the visa stamped at any visa office around the world.

So assuming your visa gets approved, you should be able to get it stamped at the NY office. Hope it all goes well! Cheers!

etheriel

Oct 6, 2018
Hi, did you apply for TRV or TRV extension? Another question, did they tell you its approved and send us your passport for stamping or just they asked to send the passport? I currently have the exact same situation! I have a flight on the 25th of December and I'm not sure if I have time to wait for CIC to mail my passport to my address in Canada. Please advise. Thank you so much!
Not them, but I applied for TRV and the online account said it's approved so send your passport.

Esla29

Jan 14, 2019
Oh God, okay that solves everything lol. I was so stressed! I can finally breathe now sigh.
Thank you so much!
Hi, I'm thinking about getting my "inside Canada" TRV stamped abroad as well due to my tight travel dates. Could you share how did this go for you at your VAC? Any tips you could share would be hugely appreciated! Thanks :)