+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i get admission in university of manitoba in graduate studies.

HNK113

Dec 6, 2015
hello,
I am planning to apply in Graduate Studies in the university of Manitoba. my CGPA of the last 60 hours is 3.004, while the minimum requirement is 3.0 is Msc in Computer Science. I have an ielts band of 8. will i be able to get admission in?

hatice

Jul 5, 2014
pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes... you have a good chance,but for master, you need to talk to supervisor first. check their website if they said u need to talk to supervisor you should start looking.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
even if you passed minimum, there is chance that you would not get it.

ex: all candidates GPA is average 3.5, then obviously you would not have a chance : that happened to me :(

HNK113

Dec 6, 2015
@floomy, yeah i figured, I am going to apply as an international student from Pakistan, but the thing is that i exactly don't know how competitive U o m actually is, and whether the average GPA for international students is higher or lower than local candidates. There is going to be a lot of money involved, so dont want to apply if there is no chance at all. and 3.5 is way too far from mine. how much chance does references and IELTS score improve?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would contact one of prof. and request if you can know the minimum/average GPA from previous year and another questions.
Most profs would reply you or at least let you know who you should contact with .

even if you have good reference letter, GPA would take a lot of part .

nikh941

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Surrey
Hello, I am also interested in applying for University of Manitoba. I want to apply for MSc/MEng Electrical & Computer. My current CGPA is 7.56 on the scale of 10. Please help me in converting it to University of Manitoba Scale so that I can figure out if I have chance of admission or not.

HNK113

Dec 6, 2015
@floomy, thanks alot... !!! God Bless :)
@nikh .... there are a lot of scale converters on net, u can use em easily.. :)...

nikh941

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Surrey
HNK113 said:
@floomy, thanks alot... !!! God Bless :)
@nikh .... there are a lot of scale converters on net, u can use em easily.. :)...
@HNK113 Can you please provide me the links to convert my GPA

HNK113

Dec 6, 2015
sorry for not being regular, i was caught up,
here is a link. hope it helps, u r indian/paki/south asian right? cuz this scale is for indian gpa :)

abin278

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-09-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/equivalencies [give you details of international GPA calculationns]
&
umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admin/569 [will give you idea on how you need to calculate]

nope

Oct 3, 2015
You should contact two people:

1) the director of graduate studies, either for the department you want to study in, or the university. Write to the administrator for your prospective department, and ask them if there is a faculty member who manages graduate studies. If there is, write to them; if not, then write to the general one for the university.

2) If your GPA is high enough, then write to a professor you are interested in studying with. Don't ask them outright to be your supervisor -- say that you are interested in their field, and would like to know if they are currently accepting graduate students.

OGBONS

Nov 18, 2016
I salute everyone here. Is it a must to contact a professor before applying for a course? I want to apply for MA ECONOMICS

JYLcarleton

Jun 16, 2019
Please help concerning this.
I have a final GPA of 3.17 and my GPA for last 2 years is 3.59. I want to study Meng Civil Engineering. Do I still need to contact a professor as I'm not doing MSC but meng. Also, what are my chances

DAJ5

Aug 14, 2019
What if they wrote on their page that 'New M.Sc. or Ph.D. student positions are available. Apply now!' how do you go about this?
You should contact two people:

1) the director of graduate studies, either for the department you want to study in, or the university. Write to the administrator for your prospective department, and ask them if there is a faculty member who manages graduate studies. If there is, write to them; if not, then write to the general one for the university.

2) If your GPA is high enough, then write to a professor you are interested in studying with. Don't ask them outright to be your supervisor -- say that you are interested in their field, and would like to know if they are currently accepting graduate students.

Reactions: Aisha Abbas