+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i get a new lmo if ive already been working and living in canada for 1 year

englishinsask

Sep 19, 2013
So i have been living in sask for a whole year, im working on a temp work permit which i obtained with an LMO. Im currently working for a company which i hate and have been offered a new job... the new employer said he has applied for an my lmo over a month ago which doesnt have my name on it yet.. but unsure if i will approved and how long i will have to wait, does anyone know the full proccess, and times?
any help would be apreiciated :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

englishinsask said:
So i have been living in sask for a whole year, im working on a temp work permit which i obtained with an LMO. Im currently working for a company which i hate and have been offered a new job... the new employer said he has applied for an my lmo over a month ago which doesnt have my name on it yet.. but unsure if i will approved and how long i will have to wait, does anyone know the full proccess, and times?
any help would be apreiciated :)
1. If you get a new approved LMO, then you can apply to change your work permit to the new employer, either on line or at a Border Point (flagpole)
2. You can't start work for the new employer until you have the new work permit in hand. 6-12 weeks for a LMO approval.