+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I export & import within Canada?

linkin99

Jan 14, 2017
Have a question regarding exporting (from US) and importing my car (to Canada).

I'm currently staying in Canada as a visitor and drive my car with US plate. I'm wondering if my status changes from temporary to permanent residency in the future, can I do the export & import procedure in Canada, or I have to drive to a US border and take a u-turn back to Canada (for example, peace bridge)?

any tips will be appreciated!

gprasad.n

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
USA
App. Filed.......
06/2014
Med's Request
12/2014
Med's Done....
01/2015
Passport Req..
04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/2015
LANDED..........
11/2015
linkin99 said:
I have to drive to a US border and take a u-turn back to Canada (for example, peace bridge)?

You can't export your car from any US (bridge) border. Take a look at this link which will help you with step-by-step process.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/exportingimporting-vehicle-us-to-canada-only-t415713.0.html

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
linkin99 said:
Have a question regarding exporting (from US) and importing my car (to Canada).

I'm currently staying in Canada as a visitor and drive my car with US plate. I'm wondering if my status changes from temporary to permanent residency in the future, can I do the export & import procedure in Canada, or I have to drive to a US border and take a u-turn back to Canada (for example, peace bridge)?

the export process has to be initiated by the US border, so you will have to drive to the US and submit your export paperwork there, then initiate the import process at the Canadian border office. The rest of the import process is done while the car is in canada.