+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I enter Canada without Visa but only with Study permit?

bobby1797

Nov 12, 2018
Hello,

I am a student currently in Canada. I need to go to my home country, India, and come back. My study permit and visa expires by the end of march. I have applied for study permit extension. I am afraid due to Covid, if flights got cancelled and I need to stay there after my visa and study permit expires. If my study permit extension gets approved, I can get it before the end of march. But, I don't have Visa after the end of march. Will I be allowed to enter Canada, with just study permit or do I need Visa stamping on my passport?

Any advise in regard to this is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Hello,

I am a student currently in Canada. I need to go to my home country, India, and come back. My study permit and visa expires by the end of march. I have applied for study permit extension. I am afraid due to Covid, if flights got cancelled and I need to stay there after my visa and study permit expires. If my study permit extension gets approved, I can get it before the end of march. But, I don't have Visa after the end of march. Will I be allowed to enter Canada, with just study permit or do I need Visa stamping on my passport?

Thank you.
You do need a Visa. Thanks.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello,

Thank you.
You also may not be allowed to enter back in Canada. Does your course require in person classes?
For travel, you need a TRV.