+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i enter Canada on a student Visa with my situation

Minaalaa

Aug 31, 2019
I left the US on voluntary departure after i violated my student visa. I also have 2 pending felonies and 2 pending misdemeanors that will eventually be closed since i am not there and can’t get convicted. Do i have any chance of entering canada ?? Please help.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well and I am no legal expert but just remember US and Canada share a lot of background information plus if you need a police certificate, in the case of the US from the FBI, then I would guess that any outstanding felonies may well show up and depending on the equivalent charge in Canada could make you inadmissable.

Just because you are not there probably does not mean that anything outstanding will not show up but this is only my view so suggest you engange a professional immigration lawyer. Note whatever you do you should not try to hide anything in any immigration application given if found out you would get at least a 5 year ban from the country,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I left the US on voluntary departure after i violated my student visa. I also have 2 pending felonies and 2 pending misdemeanors that will eventually be closed since i am not there and can’t get convicted. Do i have any chance of entering canada ?? Please help.
Being charged with felonies means that you are inadmissible. The fact that you fled the US without dealing with your charges doesn't absolve you.

Reactions: visatest

sanjay9

Sep 30, 2019
Hi,
I share the same situation of staying illegally on my student visa as stated by ICE where as I have valid visa upto dec 2019.
I was granted voluntary departure with no bars or ban and my record is all clean no crimes.
And im in my home country, its been a year now.

I want to apply for student visa in canada.
Will voluntary departure affect me in getting it granted ?
Please please help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I share the same situation of staying illegally on my student visa as stated by ICE where as I have valid visa upto dec 2019.
I was granted voluntary departure with no bars or ban and my record is all clean no crimes.
And im in my home country, its been a year now.

I want to apply for student visa in canada.
Will voluntary departure affect me in getting it granted ?
Please please help.
Yes it will be very difficult if not impossible to get a student visa given your track record of not following the immigration rules.