+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I drive my own car (no lien) into Canada from US with a PR for just a trip


Jan 20, 2018
Hello Friends,

I recently got my PR for Canada and I also bought a car in the USA because the car I was driving got totaled. I went for COPR landing in a rental car and at that time since I did not have any car, I did not add a car to be in goods to follow list. Now I like to take a trip with the new car from US to Canada, the car has no lien and registered under my name. Now that I have a PR and a new car bought in US, would that be a problem in terms of me having to pay import duty, taxes etc at the Canadian Border? I am not settling in Canada yet but would be going back and forth with this new car. Please advise!