+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do landing formalities and come back after a week?

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Hi friends,

Here is what we are planning to do, I want your opinion and suggestion.

We want to land in Canada before our visa expires. Finish off landing formalities at air port, give friend's address for PR card, get out of canada after a week.

Okay, if we get our PR cards without problem, I believe it should not be a problem to go back within 2 years of the issue date, correct me if I am wrong!!!

What if for due to some reason our(or one of us) PR card/s got stuck e.g. picture is a problem. Can we still eligible and do something about it to re-enter in Canada within 2 years?

Hoping to get clarification on this one. Thanks.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pompi said:
Hi friends,

We want to land in Canada before our visa expires. Finish off landing formalities at air port, give friend's address for PR card, get out of canada after a week. That's fine. It is allowed.

Okay, if we get our PR cards without problem, I believe it should not be a problem to go back within 2 years of the issue date, correct me if I am wrong!!!On problem however I will rather advise you go there for your holidays within the two years.

What if for due to some reason our(or one of us) PR card/s got stuck e.g. picture is a problem. Can we still eligible and do something about it to re-enter in Canada within 2 years? Yes. Your COPR must be kept properly. You can use it to obtain travel permit from the Canadian Embassy in your country if you need to travel to Canada without a PR Card.

S

shibuya

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/index.asp

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
And just to confirm, this 5 yr PR period stats from the day you are landing into Canada, rt?....Or is it the day written on your PR card?....are they both same?

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pompi said:
Hi friends,

What if for due to some reason our(or one of us) PR card/s got stuck e.g. picture is a problem. Can we still eligible and do something about it to re-enter in Canada within 2 years?
Thats probably one of the major concern for which Seniors like Qorax advised to stay up till receiving PR card (officially it says 4-6 wks from the day of landing)... Problems with photo spec/resolution/size or problems with given address are not very uncommon and can happen to either PA or dependents and therefore it would be indeed a real hassle and costlier to have to fly back just to correct 1-2 photo.... Moreover since PR card is the most valid personal possession to all landed PR to re-enter whenever you like so its judiciously worth waiting for it to receive before departing!!!

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
fariza said:
Thats probably one of the major concern for which Seniors like Qorax advised to stay up till receiving PR card (officially it says 4-6 wks from the day of landing)... Problems with photo spec/resolution/size or problems with given address are not very uncommon and can happen to either PA or dependents and therefore it would be indeed a real hassle and costlier to have to fly back just to correct 1-2 photo.... Moreover since PR card is the most valid personal possession to all landed PR to re-enter whenever you like so its judiciously worth waiting for it to receive before departing!!!
Advise for staying put till receipt of PR cards doesn't appear to be sound. At POE they don't ask for(or click) any photos for the PR card. That means they use the photos submitted in response to PPR. So, i find it difficult to comprehend how issues with photos could be common. I plan to complete landing next month and return within 3 weeks. Why let imaginary problems bug your mind? We will cross the bridge when we reach it.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thommo said:
Advise for staying put till receipt of PR cards doesn't appear to be sound. At POE they don't ask for(or click) any photos for the PR card. That means they use the photos submitted in response to PPR. So, i find it difficult to comprehend how issues with photos could be common. I plan to complete landing next month and return within 3 weeks. Why let imaginary problems bug your mind? We will cross the bridge when we reach it.
Thats entirely up to you. Just wanted to mention that some issue of problem has been reported/shared in this forum experiencing not getting PR card in time and up on contact it revealed with the problem of photo of either PA or their dependents... sometimes PR card arrived at given relative address but with missing of any of family members one due to some problem ..The major problem is sometimes its proved difficult and costly to deal to get the PR card delivered if anything happens like this being away...Nothing has certainty in this world thats why we do opt for Plan A or B.......

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pompi said:
And just to confirm, this 5 yr PR period stats from the day you are landing into Canada, rt?....Or is it the day written on your PR card?....are they both same?
Is it 5 Years period or 4 Years? ? ?

S

shibuya

pr card is for 5 yrs renewable provided u fulfill the residency obligation.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
pompi said:
Hi friends,

We want to land in Canada before our visa expires. Finish off landing formalities at air port, give friend's address for PR card, get out of canada after a week.

Okay, if we get our PR cards without problem, I believe it should not be a problem to go back within 2 years of the issue date, correct me if I am wrong!!!

Well there is no harm in leaving Canada after completing landing formalities which is the matter of max two days (including SIN process). As rightly pointed out by Captain many times that staying till receiving PRCs is good but not necessary.

I did the same. Completed landing formalities, returned after two weeks and just a week ago got the message from friend that they have received all PRCs hence i congratulate myself ;D

At the time of landing, do carry extra / latest photos as per specification and offer sharing with immigration officer just in case.

In case of any problem in PRCs, alternate solution is available at website
gud luk
asyousuf

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asyousuf said:
At the time of landing, do carry extra / latest photos as per specification and offer sharing with immigration officer just in case.

In case of any problem in PRCs, alternate solution is available at website
gud luk
asyousuf
Could you please refer or forward the link where I can read out the alternative solution... just in case I need to be aware of... Thanks for the info friend. Its pretty handy