+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I create my profile before getting 1 year experience( 12 days to 1 year)

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi on feb 23 I will get 1 year experience but I created my profile before hand, I received a message in CIC saying, congratulations you are in pool now.

I have two questions:

1) If I get ITA can I wait for 15 days and then apply .. mean while I can collect all required documents.

Please help me. thanks

245east84

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
I hope I have understood you correctly. Well based on CIC rules, the number of work years is calculated based on the date you received the ITA. So if on the EE you wrote that you have "1 year" of experience you receive an ITA on Feb 11 then you have to prove that you had 1 year of experience by date of Feb 11. You cannot count the days after Feb 11 even if it just a few days or weeks. Many people have been rejected because of this.

My advice is to decline the current ITA (if you got one) and wait until you have 1 year of experience (wait till Feb 23) and then accept the next ITA you get. I'm sure you will get another ITA.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
245east84 said:
I hope I have understood you correctly. Well based on CIC rules, the number of work years is calculated based on the date you received the ITA. So if on the EE you wrote that you have "1 year" of experience you receive an ITA on Feb 11 then you have to prove that you had 1 year of experience by date of Feb 11. You cannot count the days after Feb 11 even if it just a few days or weeks. Many people have been rejected because of this.

My advice is to decline the current ITA (if you got one) and wait until you have 1 year of experience and then accept the next ITA you get. I'm sure you will get another ITA.
Thank you if I decline the ITA now, will they send another ITA in couple of weeks for next draw? or should I withdraw profile and recreate it ?

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
245east84 said:

My advice is to decline the current ITA (if you got one) and wait until you have 1 year of experience and then accept the next ITA you get. I'm sure you will get another ITA.
Thank you very much for your advice, I guess its a very critical part and you have helped me understand.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
The-SpaceGuy said:
Thank you if I decline the ITA now, will they send another ITA in couple of weeks for next draw? or should I withdraw profile and recreate it ?
They will send another ITA in next draw if you qualify.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
The-SpaceGuy said:
From the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

Declining an Invitation to Apply
If you decline an invitation, you will be put back into the Express Entry pool of candidates (as long as you still meet the minimum criteria) to be considered in future rounds of invitations.

You may have to take steps to be considered again for the pool. For example, if you got additional points for a job offer but the job is no longer available to you, you may need to get another job offer. Or, if you got married or entered into a common-law relationship, you will have to update your Express Entry profile.

There is no guarantee that you will be invited to apply again. But, if you choose to re-enter the pool, declining an invitation will not have a negative effect on whether or not you could be invited to apply later.

If you do not decline an invitation and you do not apply within 60 days, the invitation will expire and you will have to complete and submit a new Express Entry profile and be accepted to the pool again to be considered in future rounds of invitations.

To re-enter the pool, you must complete a new profile and meet the minimum criteria.

245east84

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
The-SpaceGuy said:
Thank you very much for your advice, I guess its a very critical part and you have helped me understand.
You are welcome. You don't need to recreate the profile. Just click 'decline' on the ITA. Please check with Asivad Anac (who replied to you earlier) but I'm fairly certain this is the correct course of action.

What is your CRS Score? If your CRS is above 450 (which i'm sure it must be because you got an ITA in Jan) then you will most likely get an ITA again within a month.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
245east84 said:
You are welcome. You don't need to recreate the profile. Just click 'decline' on the ITA. Please check with Asivad Anac (who replied to you earlier) but I'm fairly certain this is the correct course of action.

What is your CRS Score? If your CRS is above 450 (which i'm sure it must be because you got an ITA in Jan) then you will most likely get an ITA again within a month.

My score is 462. I did not receive an ITA yet. I just received a message saying I have entered in to pool. I will finish my 1 year on feb 23rd .. if I get ITA before then it will be a problem I guess, as previous post to your said I will be laid back to some extent.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
From the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

Declining an Invitation to Apply
If you decline an invitation, you will be put back into the Express Entry pool of candidates (as long as you still meet the minimum criteria) to be considered in future rounds of invitations.

You may have to take steps to be considered again for the pool. For example, if you got additional points for a job offer but the job is no longer available to you, you may need to get another job offer. Or, if you got married or entered into a common-law relationship, you will have to update your Express Entry profile.

There is no guarantee that you will be invited to apply again. But, if you choose to re-enter the pool, declining an invitation will not have a negative effect on whether or not you could be invited to apply later.

If you do not decline an invitation and you do not apply within 60 days, the invitation will expire and you will have to complete and submit a new Express Entry profile and be accepted to the pool again to be considered in future rounds of invitations.

To re-enter the pool, you must complete a new profile and meet the minimum criteria.

Thank you for the response, I believe there wont be any problem If I decline the ITA now, as long as I am in the point loop. This is my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong.

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Dear All and Asivad,

Can you please lend your suggestions

- I submitted my thesis on 31-Oct-2014 to the department. After thesis submission, graduate students automatically get deregistered for that term since course requirements are completed. I was waiting for my thesis defence date.
- I had my thesis defense on 20-Jan-2015.
- I received my "Statement of Degree Requirements Completed" on 23-Feb-2015 from the University.
- Then I applied for post graduate work permit on 24-Feb-2015.
- My study permit was valid till 31-March-2015. From 1-April-2015, I was on implied status till 1-May-2015.
- But the date issue of PGWP is on 2-May-2015. I have been told that my work experience counts from the day I submitted the PWGP application to CIC (i.e. from Feb2015).

I started working part time for 20 hours from Nov-2014 onwards. Then in March-2015, I received a full time contract job.

My questions:
1) Will the above work experience from 01-Nov-2014 to 24-Feb-2015 count towards Canadian work experience for CEC or FSW?
2) Will the work experience during the implied status (25-Feb-2015 to 01-May-2015) count towards Canadian work experience for CEC or FSW?

a) Eligible to count the experience from the first day of the contract (1-Nov-2014), I was not a student at that time but on study permit.
b) Eligible to count the experience from the day I applied online for Post Graduate Work Permit (24-Feb-2015), completed my masters but on study permit till 31-Mar-2015.
c) Eligible to count the experience from the day I received the Post Graduate Work Permit (02-May-2015)

I need to know when I will complete my 1 year of Canadian experience. That will change based on the above dates.

245east84

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
The-SpaceGuy said:
Thank you for the response, I believe there wont be any problem If I decline the ITA now, as long as I am in the point loop. This is my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong.
Your CRS score of 462 is really high so don't worry about getting an ITA. You will probably get an ITA if there is a round of invites sent before Feb 23 and in that case you should decline it. Any ITA that comes after Feb 23, you can accept.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
245east84 said:
Your CRS score of 462 is really high so don't worry about getting an ITA. You will probably get an ITA if there is a round of invites sent before Feb 23 and in that case you should decline it. Any ITA that comes after Feb 23, you can accept.
Thank you .. you are a hero.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
I started my job on January 4, 2015. I should have completed 52 weeks for CEC on Jan 3, 2016. I took 4 weeks unpaid leave in may 2015 to visit my home country for some urgent family reasons. I got ITA on Feb 10, 2016. I have counted and found that i received ITA in 54th week of work, excluding 4 weeks leave. Should i go ahead with the current ITA ?

Also, i think i took one or two sick days off here and there in 2015 and 3 days off during Christmas week for a short fun trip to US. I am not sure whether i have completed 52 weeks of 30 hours/week work. Can anyone pls give some suggestions.