THANK YOU SO MUCH...I APPRECIATE!

ONEAGLEWINGS.
You're welcome!

It's always my pleasure...

mvk05

Nov 21, 2014
URGENT AND IMPORTANT

Hello everyone,

Finally 10 months long wait is over and I have received my PPR email on 4th Sept.

I am now in a different situation and seeking some valuable suggestions from some more experienced people on the forum.

My visa office was NDVO as per my application. However all the processing has happened through Warsaw Visa office. Now, due to official work I have temporarily moved to UK and my wife is in India. I need to get the stamping done within next 30 days and I do not have the option of going to India and getting it done.

Please provide suggestions as to what should be done and how can I get the stamping in such a situation when both of us are at different location and timeline given to me is 30 days.

Is it ok to courier the passport from UK to India? Permissions required? Legal or illegal?
Is it ok if it is taken from UK to India by someone who is travelling to India?
Is it possible to get it stamped locally in London? And my spouse getting it stamped on India?

If anyone of you or anyone who you may know has under gone similar situation, and can share your thoughts and suggestions it would be extremely helpful and appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
MVK

yamuna

Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo shifted to cvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
Med's Request
30-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
11-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
Hopefully may 2016
mvk05 said:
URGENT AND IMPORTANT
Hello mvk
Have you submitted your passport?.
One of my friend is also facing the same situation. Please suggest the process
Thank you

Hello everyone,

Finally 10 months long wait is over and I have received my PPR email on 4th Sept.

I am now in a different situation and seeking some valuable suggestions from some more experienced people on the forum.

My visa office was NDVO as per my application. However all the processing has happened through Warsaw Visa office. Now, due to official work I have temporarily moved to UK and my wife is in India. I need to get the stamping done within next 30 days and I do not have the option of going to India and getting it done.

Please provide suggestions as to what should be done and how can I get the stamping in such a situation when both of us are at different location and timeline given to me is 30 days.

Is it ok to courier the passport from UK to India? Permissions required? Legal or illegal?
Is it ok if it is taken from UK to India by someone who is travelling to India?
Is it possible to get it stamped locally in London? And my spouse getting it stamped on India?

If anyone of you or anyone who you may know has under gone similar situation, and can share your thoughts and suggestions it would be extremely helpful and appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
MVK

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
RKNBI said:
Dear Friends,
With due respects to all the opinions in favour of sending by courier in the forum, Please do not send passports through any means whether Dhl /Fedex/ normal post.Any loss during transit you will not be able to get a new passport easily without producing police FIR . whether you inform the courier or not they scan the parcel before they courier. If you read the passport carefully it is mentioned that you are not supposed to post it.

Thanks
Reg
RKNBI
i understand it is not legal to send indian passport across international borders and might be a problem when sending indian passport to or from India.

but what about sending Indian passport from USA to Canada and back.

also what about sending USA passport from USA to Canada( ottawa ) and back.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
sudy007 said:
i understand it is not legal to send indian passport across international borders and might be a problem when sending indian passport to or from India.

but what about sending Indian passport from USA to Canada and back.

also what about sending USA passport from USA to Canada( ottawa ) and back.
Its mostly about the policy in that country on sending out/receiving passports outside the country. Yes India restricts but practically cant restrict in other countries.
US to Canada and vice-versa is not an issue as these 2 countries dont restrict. I stamped my passport sending it Ottawa from US and received it back.

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
harirajmohan said:
Its mostly about the policy in that country on sending out/receiving passports outside the country. Yes India restricts but practically cant restrict in other countries.
US to Canada and vice-versa is not an issue as these 2 countries dont restrict. I stamped my passport sending it Ottawa from US and received it back.
thank you harirajmohan for your quick reply. I have one more question. Will ottawa mail the passport out of canada to a USA address, is that how you did it, or have give a friend or relatives address in canada and then have them mail the passports to you in the USA ?

Afia Raisa

Jul 12, 2017
so far i know foreign ministry gives the authorization to send the passport to other countries if the applicants can show PR request letter from other countries. i am talking about my country. we go to foreign ministry, get the authorization showing approval PR letter and send it to foreign countries such as canada.
hi Del, I am Bangladeshi. I am facing the passport sending problem. can you tell me about the foreign ministry part? where to apply? and approximately how much time could it take to get the permission? thank you....

smashfaque

Nov 14, 2019
Hello friends i am liveing in gulf and applied visitor visa to canada from india if i get approval can i send my passport from here to india via dhl or fedex ?
or i need to go there and submit

Amr1981

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
16 June 2021
Doc's Request.
24 Jan 2023
Nomination.....
28 May 2021
AOR Received.
11 August 2022
File Transfer...
Etobicoke
Med's Request
09 January 2023
Med's Done....
15 January 2023
Passport Req..
2 November 2023
VISA ISSUED...
22 November 2023
Hello friends i am liveing in gulf and applied visitor visa to canada from india if i get approval can i send my passport from here to india via dhl or fedex ?
or i need to go there and submit
You can send it to VSF in the country you live in now.