+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i courier passport internationally? by fedex/dhl

mysteryocean

Hero Member
Jun 20, 2010
307
1
120
swift current SK Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6211
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
no request!!
Nomination.....
01-08-11
AOR Received.
CIO 16-03-12 NDVO 03-04-12
Med's Request
23 July 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
23 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Already in canada

usmanth

Newbie
Jul 8, 2013
1
0
Hello Everyone,

Iam facing a similar problem. CIC gave me 60 days and now I am left with 40 days to send my passport for Canadian Immigration Visa. I am residing in Pakistan and my passport is with me. I cannot send the passport legally to anywhere accross border and I have to send it to Ottawa. I e-mailed CIC regarding that and ask that as to what should I do

I informed them to please email me back as to what should I do but yet there is no reply.

Shall I get a visit visa and go there. But the time period provided is super short and visit visa will take a lot of time (79 days or so). Can I get extension for the time before which I should submit my passport. Will the CIC extend it beyond 60 days??? I am in deep trouble and no time , please help

Regards,

Usman Tahir
 

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
1,586
58
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2132
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
usmanth said:
Hello Everyone,

Iam facing a similar problem. CIC gave me 60 days and now I am left with 40 days to send my passport for Canadian Immigration Visa. I am residing in Pakistan and my passport is with me. I cannot send the passport legally to anywhere accross border and I have to send it to Ottawa. I e-mailed CIC regarding that and ask that as to what should I do

I informed them to please email me back as to what should I do but yet there is no reply.

Shall I get a visit visa and go there. But the time period provided is super short and visit visa will take a lot of time (79 days or so). Can I get extension for the time before which I should submit my passport. Will the CIC extend it beyond 60 days??? I am in deep trouble and no time , please help

Regards,

Usman Tahir
Hi Usman,

First of all Congratulations to you on your success. So, coming to the point, I had come across with somebody like your case. There is an applicant in November 2012 group. He is living in Canada and his wife lives in India. So, when he got his PPR, he had contacted CPP-Ottawa. So, luckily CPP-Ottawa asked him to get his wife's visa stamped in India itself. It was like exceptional and he was so lucky. So, why don't you do the same? Just ask CPP-Ottawa if you can get your PR visa stamped in Islamabad. You just do not depend on the email reply from them, but you can try calling them at the same time. I don't know exactly whether we can call them, but just Google for their number and try. Or just post here if somebody has the contact number.

All the best my friend.

Thanks,
Sarayu.
 

del018

Full Member
May 23, 2013
25
0
so far i know foreign ministry gives the authorization to send the passport to other countries if the applicants can show PR request letter from other countries. i am talking about my country. we go to foreign ministry, get the authorization showing approval PR letter and send it to foreign countries such as canada.
 

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
69
4
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
As soon as I receive the magical maple sticker!!
Found this on trackitt

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/580695485/can-indian-passport-be-out-of-country-of-residence-yes
 

arif.jabbar

Hero Member
Feb 1, 2013
371
8
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usman,

Talk to FIA immigration section, I think if you show them PPR from ottawa, they will give you a written letter that will allow to send your passports.

Let me know about your update.
 

ptaral

Full Member
Aug 1, 2013
22
0
Hi mysteryocean
Did u face any problem after sending passport through courier?. I am thinking th8 my wife will carry our passport to India.
 

frotenacs

Hero Member
Feb 8, 2011
227
19
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
del018 said:
so far i know foreign ministry gives the authorization to send the passport to other countries if the applicants can show PR request letter from other countries. i am talking about my country. we go to foreign ministry, get the authorization showing approval PR letter and send it to foreign countries such as canada.
foreign ministry in India? How to reach foreign ministry office with this kind of question?
Both myself and my wife are living in India now, and our applications are being processed in Ottawa. We have done our medicals, and we are anticipating our PPR in couple more weeks. Worst thing would be when CPP-O instructs us to submit the passports in Ottawa office. I don't have any valid visa now to enter Canada.
 

del018

Full Member
May 23, 2013
25
0
frotenacs said:
foreign ministry in India? How to reach foreign ministry office with this kind of question?
Both myself and my wife are living in India now, and our applications are being processed in Ottawa. We have done our medicals, and we are anticipating our PPR in couple more weeks. Worst thing would be when CPP-O instructs us to submit the passports in Ottawa office. I don't have any valid visa now to enter Canada.
foreign ministry has day service for ppl. you have to wait until get the ppr. take that email with pp. they will give u one letter. attached that letter and send it to ottawa. thats the way we do from Bangladesh.
 

frotenacs

Hero Member
Feb 8, 2011
227
19
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
del018 said:
foreign ministry has day service for ppl. you have to wait until get the ppr. take that email with pp. they will give u one letter. attached that letter and send it to ottawa. thats the way we do from Bangladesh.
thanks del018.
I will wait and see until I have my PPR. I guess now CPP-O is giving 60 days after PPR to turn in the passports in their office.

What are the chances that I would be instructed by Ottawa to submit my passport at New Delhi? When I did my medicals (in India), I mentioned Indian address as current address. But, on ECAS I have a Canadian address which I am unable to change.
 

kbanatwala

Hero Member
Jan 17, 2014
805
117
mysteryocean said:
well i sent my passport through Fedex, successfully delivered to CIC new delhi!! its upto individual if they wanna send it or not!!
How did you got your passport back then? by courrier or some one delivered it to you?
 

donwin4real

Hero Member
Dec 2, 2013
415
14
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
You can courier Passports via DHL, it is the most reliable - I did mine through them...and it was delivered safely.
 

ONEAGLEWINGS

Newbie
Mar 3, 2014
5
0
Hi donwin4real...

Please did you send your passport from within Canada to Ghana, and how long did it take to get back to you. Please, I need your clarification because I'm almost at that stage.
Thank you!
ONEAGLEWINGS...
 

donwin4real

Hero Member
Dec 2, 2013
415
14
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
ONEAGLEWINGS said:
Hi donwin4real...

Please did you send your passport from within Canada to Ghana, and how long did it take to get back to you. Please, I need your clarification because I'm almost at that stage.
Thank you!
ONEAGLEWINGS...
I sent my family's Passports via Dhl from Nigeria to Accra embassy with took 2days to deliver; it took a week to endorse the Passports with the visas and another 3days to get it delivered back to our home in Nigeria which I arranged for a pickup with Dhl.

I know of a family that sent their Passports to Accra embassy all the way from the USA using Fedex! It was a bit delayed though but it got delivered successfully to them all the same.

If you want to courier your Passports from anywhere in the world, try Dhl, as I had a wonderful experience with them....this is my 2 cents!