+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I count my agency working experience?

sidcome

Jul 28, 2020
Hi All,

I actually spent 6 months working for a company through an agency (Aug 2015 to Jan 2016) and then got hired by the company legally (presently working). Does my agency experience working for the same company also counts. Can I put that in my express entry profile? If so, I don't have to wait for another 5 months for completion of one year work experience. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
hey man can you please let me know if you used the work experience letter from the agency?, if yes can you please let me know what all had you mentioned on it?

Thank you.

Ttalabi

Dec 22, 2021
I’m in a similar situation my job experience counted for 10 months in the last 3 years as per CEC rules but I asked my agency to get me experience letter For quality tech roles but some labor roles were included and I was refused after submitting a second letter with quality tech roles. My agency is not properly aware of my job duties.. can I get a letter from my company I work with for 1 year 7months to give an experience letter.
Justifying my job duties since the officer in his opinion I’m NOC job C

Davidzxk

Mar 17, 2022
hello Boviesam!
How did it go with your PR application?
Actually I am on the same boat. I spent about 6 months(feb2019-Oct2019) working for a company under agency. After that on Oct2019 I was hired permanently by the company itself.
Received my ITA and will be applying for PR soon!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Thank you
Hi $$harsh$$

I am also in the same boat here. I am working as an independent contractor under an agency and work for a client company. As I am reporting my tax this year, I have noticed that my earnings is in Box 81 of T4. My accountant told me that the earnings in box 81 of T 4 indicate that the earnings is self-employed.
So my question is that is your earnings in T4 the same place as mine(Box 81)? If the same thing happened to you, it means my work experience would also count toward the express entry. Otherwise, my work experience might not be eligible for immigration.

In addition, here are some of my information:
1: I am paid with the same hourly rate every two weeks.
2: I am not incorporated, I have signed the contract by myself.
3: The agency makes the payment to me directly with deduction only on EI and CPP.

Thank you for your help and if anyone knows more information about this, please share your thoughts with me.

Thank you all!