+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I count my agency working experience?

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hello jes_on,

Thanks for your time. Could you please provide me a little bit more info about that experience letter. I mean how am I supposed to start it, end it. Though I know what details has to be entered. Is there some specific format of writing which has to be followed? Please advise.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Boviesam said:
Hello jes_on,

Thanks for your time. Could you please provide me a little bit more info about that experience letter. I mean how am I supposed to start it, end it. Though I know what details has to be entered. Is there some specific format of writing which has to be followed? Please advise.
It just is a standard business letter with specific details. Your employer writes the letter.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boviesam said:
Hello jes_on,

The format really doesn't matter, as long as the details are there. But here's a sample:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4962559#msg4962559

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hello Istari, thank you very much for the format.

Though I had a confusion, my agency might not have my paystubs. They just used to directly deposit my pay in my bank account every week. And provided me my T4 at the end of the year. Would that be enough as a supporting document along with the experience letter, reference letters and all other letters. I hope it would not be a problem. Please advise.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boviesam said:
Hello Istari, thank you very much for the format.

Though I had a confusion, my agency might not have my paystubs. They just used to directly deposit my pay in my bank account every week. And provided me my T4 at the end of the year. Would that be enough as a supporting document along with the experience letter, reference letters and all other letters. I hope it would not be a problem. Please advise.
Paystubs are not mandatory documents, for FSW.
I'm not sure about CEC.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Thanks for replying Istari.

Actually I was to apply in CEC. So, Could anyone else please advise on the thread?
Would be really grateful. Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Boviesam said:
If you have the T4, you do not need paystubs (unless your hours varied week by week).

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Thank you very much jes-ON,

Sorry. too late. One more question though.

Does my agency also require to state my job duties in the experience letter as I wasn't working FOR them but THROUGH them in some other company.

But anyways, I will be getting those duties listed in the experience letter from my working company.

Please advise.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boviesam said:
Thank you very much jes-ON,

Sorry. too late. One more question though.

Does my agency also require to state my job duties in the experience letter as I wasn't working FOR them but THROUGH them in some other company.

But anyways, I will be getting those duties listed in the experience letter from my working company.

Please advise.
I don't think the agency's letter needs to include your job duties.
But if you have the option of getting the duties mentioned in that letter too, you might as well.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi istari,

Thank you

So If I do that, is it ok to keep the duties in both the letters (from agency and my working company) same?
Or do I have to make a little changes to not make them look similar.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boviesam said:
Hi istari,

Thank you

So If I do that, is it ok to keep the duties in both the letters (from agency and my working company) same?
Or do I have to make a little changes to not make them look similar.
You don't want them to be identical.
But they do obviously need to cover the same points.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hi All,

I actually spent 6 months working for a company through an agency (Aug 2015 to Jan 2016) and then got hired by the company legally (presently working). Does my agency experience working for the same company also counts. Can I put that in my express entry profile? If so, I don't have to wait for another 5 months for completion of one year work experience. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
hello Boviesam!
How did it go with your PR application?
Actually I am on the same boat. I spent about 6 months(feb2019-Oct2019) working for a company under agency. After that on Oct2019 I was hired permanently by the company itself.
Received my ITA and will be applying for PR soon!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Thank you

Github

Oct 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

In my case, my agency is from USA but they have a branch in Canada and in my initial contract they mentioned that I am employed based on W-2(not sure what that is). I worked through that agency for 6 months and I was receiving pay in CAD. I have all the pay stubs. They were deducting EI, CPP etc. I also have T4.

But now when I asked for letter of employment, they wrote that I am a contract working full time. I am not sure what that means and neither aware of USA rules and regulations. But is it okay?

I was paid per hour. Will this be an issue?

Pauceci

Oct 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

I think I am in a similar situation. But I am a little confused about what to do.

I have been working in the same company since November 2018 , however the first 6 months I was hired through a recruitment agency for that company and then the company hired me directly . I received the TA 2 weeks prior turning a year with my direct contract in the same company that I have been since 2018. I already I have been there for over a year an a half so I am not sure if I should decline my invitation due to the job offer section says that i have had to have 1 full year work experience in the same company of the job offer ?

However, my work experience letter for my company explains that I have been working in the company since 2018 same job , but i was provided by a recruitment agency the first 6 months .

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

In my case, my agency is from USA but they have a branch in Canada and in my initial contract they mentioned that I am employed based on W-2(not sure what that is). I worked through that agency for 6 months and I was receiving pay in CAD. I have all the pay stubs. They were deducting EI, CPP etc. I also have T4.

But now when I asked for letter of employment, they wrote that I am a contract working full time. I am not sure what that means and neither aware of USA rules and regulations. But is it okay?

I was paid per hour. Will this be an issue?
Hello

Actually I am in the same boat, hired through an US based agency for their client in Canada. Moreover, Paying taxes and everything in CANADA.

how did it go with you ? did you received letter from both agency and company ? Could you please share your letter format.

Thanks,