+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I combine results from more than one language test?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
syedarsalan said:
I did not give an answer based on experience (after all no one here is a consultant). Based on extract from CiC you are responsible to keep informatiion update on your EE profile. Thats it.

If you FEEL its otherwise because your situation wants you to disbelieve me its perfectly alright. But it will be harsh to call my statement misleading.
Your information is misleading because your statement is not based on IRCC information. They clearly outlined "Language Requirements". You're just misinterpreting some IRCC statement which is not related to "Language Requirements" at all.

Chiptole

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is one weird argument!
Ielts is valid for two years no matter what. There is no obligation that it has to be the recent one.

syedarsalan

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
pfse said:
Your information is misleading because your statement is not based on IRCC information. They clearly outlined "Language Requirements". You're just misinterpreting some IRCC statement which is not related to "Language Requirements" at all.

What is it to difficult to understand. CIC is asking you to keep your EE profile update (with family, language, work) any changes that may affect your CRS. You're still looking at CIC information with your own bias.
You may continue to do so at your own free will and risk.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
syedarsalan said:
What is it to difficult to understand. CIC is asking you to keep your EE profile update (with family, language, work) any changes that may affect your CRS. You're still looking at CIC information with your own bias.
You may continue to do so at your own free will and risk.
Indeed, is it difficult to understand that CIC requirement to keep EE profile updated is not related to "Language requirements". Hint: As per language requirements, you can keep/use any valid language test result and therefore not obligated to update profile with any new results.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chiptole said:
This is one weird argument!
Ielts is valid for two years no matter what. There is no obligation that it has to be the recent one.
+1 because this is true ;)

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
oh god, thats why you shouldnt write posts at the end of a long day... lol

i know results are onl yvalid for 2 years, i have had to write the ielts test again over the past weekend coz my original test is expiring in december... i was only referring to point 2 where your test is only valid for either 2 years or if you write another test in between.. thats wrong

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
"Some examples of changes which could lower your score:

you no longer have a valid job offer
you no longer have a provincial nomination
your language test scores have expired, or you re-took them and they are lower"

source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

There is absolutely no rule that force you to use the latest IELTS test results. You can use any test results as long as they are valid.

Chiptole

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is illogical in terms of commercial terms as well.why you would discourage the applicant from retaking the test when there is substantial exam fee is involved

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Alexios07 said:

There is absolutely no rule that force you to use the latest IELTS test results. You can use any test results as long as they are valid.
I think it's obvious what this sentence means. Doesn't matter if your results expired or not. If you retake the exam you have to use the new results. I wouldn't take the risk.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is no risk as it has been documented in this forum that as long as it is valid you can use any result.

Cheers ;)

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Chiptole said:
This is illogical in terms of commercial terms as well.why you would discourage the applicant from retaking the test when there is substantial exam fee is involved
Well, CIC website is the source. They don't care about anything like discouraging applicants

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
DelPiero07 said:
It is no risk as it has been documented in this forum that as long as it is valid you can use any result.

Cheers ;)
I don't care if you guys wanna ignore thee information from the official website. I hope nobody will get refused because of this. Cheers

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neorol said:
I think it's obvious what this sentence means. Doesn't matter if your results expired or not. If you retake the exam you have to use the new results. I wouldn't take the risk.
Then go ahead and do what you want. I've taken three tests in total, 2 IELTS and one CELPIP (latest one), and I used my second IELTS results for my PNP and got my nomination without any issues. My other friends did the same and got their PRs in May.

IRCC requires you to have your profile fully up to date and accurate, means you cannot lie and misrepresent any untrue info. They never mention anything about must use the LATEST test results. They only require VALID test results. Don't scare people with your misunderstanding.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
neorol said:
"Some examples of changes which could lower your score:

you no longer have a valid job offer
you no longer have a provincial nomination

You taking this out of the context.
What you see here is just examples of changes which could lower your score.

Language requirements are outlined here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp

How long language test results are valid for
Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application for permanent residence.

If you have been invited to apply, check that your language test results will still be valid when you plan to apply for permanent residence. If you haven’t been invited, you may want to make sure your results are valid for the rest of the time you will be in the pool.

If your results will expire before you can apply, you should:

be tested again,
apply before your test results expire, or
decline the invitation and go back into the pool to be considered in the future.
If you apply for permanent residence with language test results that have expired, we will refuse your application.

You can use your test results to find your CLB level.

If there were such a requirement (recent test result), they would have mentioned it.