+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I claim points for 1 Year non-continuous foreign work experience in the same NOC if I have 1 year CEC?

danda

Mar 5, 2018
This question has been running through my head and I can't seem to find any answer to it. I already have 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada so I am eligible under CEC and 1 year of foreign skilled work experience as a bookkeeper but it wasn't continuous so basically I was working in the same company under a paid internship back in my foreign country doing the duties and responsibilities full-time during the time that I was away from Canada on a study permit during my spring/summer holidays and it wasn't part of any co-op experience.

My employer is willing to provide for me with all the necessary letters/paystubs etc. I'm I eligible to claim foreign work experience points in this case?

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Hi,

I looked up the Ministerial Instruction on the EE CRS system and did not find anything mentioning that the foreign work experience must be continuous. It only says that it must be obtained within the past 10 years, be paid, and be full-time or equivalent part-time. Section 25 (1) and (2). https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system/current.html

So I guess you can claim this one-year foreign work experience, unless someone else had done this and got refused.

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Hi,

I looked up the Ministerial Instruction on the EE CRS system and did not find anything mentioning that the foreign work experience must be continuous. It only says that it must be obtained within the past 10 years, be paid, and be full-time or equivalent part-time. Section 25 (1) and (2). https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system/current.html

So I guess you can claim this one-year foreign work experience, unless someone else had done this and got refused.
Yup , thats what i said brotha. Lets wait for some one else to respond this question