+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change info on my profile after receiving ITA?

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hey guys,

I received an ITEA earlier this month. I decided to say my partner was not coming with me as our points wouldn't give us an ITA. I thought I'd get the PR and then sponsor him, but since points are going down my question is: Can I say he's coming to Canada with me now?". Our points together reach 447, let's say next draw is 447. Can I then change that info? I don't want to decline this ITA and then miss the chance, as there's no guarantee points will stay this low.

For the record, we both live in Canada and our open work permits expire in 2019.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. Your points would get recalculated and you would fall below the cutoff score of the draw for which you were invited.

If you want to include him you would have to decline your ITA and be back in the pool.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
If you change it now and your points are recalculated to 447 your application will be rejected. You have to meet the minimum score on the day of your draw. If I were you I would decline the ita and wait for a new one. The score will drop to 447 in the next few months.

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Thank you guys for your response. I really appreciate it, I didn't know they would do that.

I'm afraid I'd continue on my own and then sponsor him. Even though it looks like draws are going below 450, I don't want to risk it.

There's a question on the application that asks you "why is your partner not coming with you?". What's a good answer for that one?! I have no clue.

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
If my score remains the same even after editing the profile can I do it and how? I have 3 years of experience but mistakenly put 4 years of experience and I guess the points for 3 and 4 years of experience are the same, right?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indi88 said:
If my score remains the same even after editing the profile can I do it and how? I have 3 years of experience but mistakenly put 4 years of experience and I guess the points for 3 and 4 years of experience are the same, right?
If you're talking foreign work experience then yes.

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
DelPiero07 said:
If you're talking foreign work experience then yes.
Thank you
But how do i edit my profile. Every thing in locked and there is only the open to view form not edit.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indi88 said:
Thank you
But how do i edit my profile. Every thing in locked and there is only the open to view form not edit.
You cannot edit that anymore, you will have to write a LOE to explain why the information Post-ITA is different to the one Pre-ITA.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Indi88 said:
Thank you
You can't change EE but you can change the PR app.

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
DelPiero07 said:
You cannot edit that anymore, you will have to write a LOE to explain why the information Post-ITA is different to the one Pre-ITA.
Thank you for your kind help

Well I was thinking of opening new EE profile and wait for next draw as i have some other (stupid) discrepancies. I dont want to lose this ITA but if I receive ITA in next round for my new profile i will decline this ITA. Is it allowed and will it have some impact during assessment of PR application?

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
kryt0n said:
You can't change EE but you can change the PR app.
Thank you

That means the form that I fill post ITA?

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
kryt0n said:
That means any differences in EE profile and post ITA forms has to be explained by writing a LOE. By the way I have heard so much about this LOE can you please shed a light on it (if you have time :) )? we have only one LOE to write ,right? where can it be uploaded and in what stage of application?

Thanking you for your time and effort for answering my queries.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Indi88 said:
That means any differences in EE profile and post ITA forms has to be explained by writing a LOE. By the way I have heard so much about this LOE can you please shed a light on it (if you have time :) )? we have only one LOE to write ,right? where can it be uploaded and in what stage of application?

Thanking you for your time and effort for answering my queries.
It's a chance to explain any further details relating to your application. If you do change something then it's a chance to say why (incorrect date, change of Noc code). Lots of the changes you make mean nothing but if you explain it then it makes the vo's job easier.

You get a chance to upload it with all your other documents after ITA.

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
kryt0n said:
It's a chance to explain any further details relating to your application. If you do change something then it's a chance to say why (incorrect date, change of Noc code). Lots of the changes you make mean nothing but if you explain it then it makes the vo's job easier.

You get a chance to upload it with all your other documents after ITA.
thank you

Well I was thinking of opening new EE profile and wait for next draw as i have these (stupid) discrepancies. I dont want to lose this ITA from 25th jan but if I receive ITA in next round for my new profile i will decline this ITA. Is it allowed and will it have some impact during assessment of PR application?