+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i call my spouse on Dependent visa?

kanwalgujral

Dec 5, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I want to bring my spouse here, I am currently on work permit (in Quebec) which is valid till December 2019. I got married last year in November and also added my spouse in PR application as not accompany.

Can I file a dependent visa for her? If I open visitor visa application there is an option to stay more than 6 months and requires medical? Can this be considered as dependents visa application?

please tell.. i am very much confused? How can i call her

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if you have applied for PR and included your spouse as a dependent in the PR application.

dependent visa.....or visitor visa.....you may apply for visitor visa for your spouse if you want the spouse to come visit you in Canada while the PR application is been processed.......the chances of visitor visa is low when PR application is in-process as the visitor has stronger ties to Canada.

Types of work permits for your situation

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=199&top=17

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
if you have applied for PR and included your spouse as a dependent in the PR application.

dependent visa.....or visitor visa.....you may apply for visitor visa for your spouse if you want the spouse to come visit you in Canada while the PR application is been processed.......the chances of visitor visa is low when PR application is in-process as the visitor has stronger ties to Canada.

Types of work permits for your situation

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=199&top=17
She said also added her spouse in PR application as not accompany

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

I want to bring my spouse here, I am currently on work permit (in Quebec) which is valid till December 2019. I got married last year in November and also added my spouse in PR application as not accompany.

Can I file a dependent visa for her? If I open visitor visa application there is an option to stay more than 6 months and requires medical? Can this be considered as dependents visa application?

please tell.. i am very much confused? How can i call her
Post in the Visitor or Foreign Worker sections of the forum. This section is for Canadian citizens/PRs sponsoring their family members.