+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN I ASK MY PASSPORT BACK FROM NDVO (With or without stamp)

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of Arranged Employment in Canada.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
12-20-2011 (December 20th 2011)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-22-2011 Passport Submission: December 20th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
Hello guys,

I have been waiting for my passport back since 2 months now from NDVO...now I have to make the decision so

CAN I ASK MY PASSPORT BACK FROM NDVO (With or without stamp)? any suggestion please

Online status:

We received your application for permanent residence on May xxx, 2011.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June xxx, 2011 to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November xxx, 2011.

Medical results have been received (since 3rd January)

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kapil27 said:
Hello guys,
I have been waiting for my passport back since 2 months now from NDVO...now I have to make the decision so
CAN I ASK MY PASSPORT BACK FROM NDVO (With or without stamp)? any suggestion please
Online status:

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June xxx, 2011 to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
You can ask for your passport back from the visa office, chances are that it would be without the visa, if they have not affixed visa upto the time of receipt of passport.

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of Arranged Employment in Canada.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
explorer101 said:
You can ask for your passport back from the visa office, chances are that it would be without the visa, if they have not affixed visa upto the time of receipt of passport.
Thanks buddy..... Honestly speaking I am tired of waiting and top of that I am paying the house rent in Canadian $..while I am in India and waiting for Visa.. :mad:

Once again thank you very much for your reply.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kapil27 said:
Thanks buddy..... Honestly speaking I am tired of waiting and top of that I am paying the house rent in Canadian $..while I am in India and waiting for Visa.. :mad:
Once again thank you very much for your reply.
you hired a place before landing in Canada??? rather than withdrawing the passport at this stage, i will suggest leave the house u have rented in canada.

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
explorer101 said:
you hired a place before landing in Canada??? rather than withdrawing the passport at this stage, i will suggest leave the house u have rented in canada.
No I am on Work permit and has been living in Canada since a year. I came to India for submission of my passport to NDVO.

I have valid Canadian work visa.

mike17

Feb 20, 2012
Hi Kapil

We are in a similar situation but we have already requested new delhi visa office to return the passports, we got a reply on 2nd feb.that they will return passport, but we havent for passports yet......

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
Please check your inbox

mike17 said:
Hi Kapil

We are in a similar situation but we have already requested new delhi visa office to return the passports, we got a reply on 2nd feb.that they will return passport, but we havent for passports yet......

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
kapil27 said:
Hello guys,

Online status:

Yes, you should. I asked my passport back after two months of submission as i needed it urgently. I gave my daughter's Delhi phone no. to NDVO and requested them to return my passport to her, at the earliest. I had written to them that i would resubmit it if and when required. They returned all our passports, duly stamped, to my daughter within a week of my request

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
Thank Thommo,

I had asked NDVO to tentative time line for returning my stamped passport, and I have received this email from them:

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

This acknowledges your request for the return of your passport. It will be returned to you by registered mail at your designated mailing address in India, Nepal or Bhutan, leaving our office within the next five business days.

If you have not already provided a mailing address in India, Nepal or Bhutan, you must provide a mailing address in India, Nepal or Bhutan to which your passport can be returned by registered mail before we can act on your request.

Please note that Indian law does not permit passports to be sent into or out of India by mail or commercial courier.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section/ Section de l’immigration - 8
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

Thommo said:
Yes, you should. I asked my passport back after two months of submission as i needed it urgently. I gave my daughter's Delhi phone no. to NDVO and requested them to return my passport to her, at the earliest. I had written to them that i would resubmit it if and when required. They returned all our passports, duly stamped, to my daughter within a week of my request

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
Hi all,
I had kind of similar query which i posted in below thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/has-anyone-visited-ndvo-for-the-purpose-of-getting-his-passport-back-t98140.0.html

I am pasting the content of the thread below:

Hi everyone,
Since longtime I am waiting for my passport and New Delhi VO is not sending my passport back, they are not even responding to my lawyers emails, although when my lawyer emailed them on Oct2011 they replied that they will return my passport within 3 months, i.e. by Jan2012 but no response.
I want to know whether it will help me if I personally visit NDVO and will they return my passport to me there only? will they respond to the queries of applicants like me? have anyone ever tried visiting NDVO?

below are my application history:
I rcvd my CSQ on 7th feb 2011.
submitted federal application on 20th June.
rcvd AOR to undergo med checkup and submit pp and RPRF and did the same and sent every thing by 29th July.
Received RPRF receipt on 10th Sept2011 which showed that the RPRF was encashed on 27th august
eCAS status changed to Med results have been received few months later.
SINCE THEN I AM WAITING FOR MY PASSPORT AND I DONT KNOW WHY NEW DELHI IS NOT SENDING BACK MY PP AND HOW LONG MORE I SHOULD WAIT?
on 6th Feb 2012 my lawyer contacted me and said embassy has asked to submit updated use of representative form which i submitted on the same day

I appreciate your valuable feedback which will help me get some idea about what should I do.... I just hope my passport and application has not misplaced and they are not trying to find my application

mike17

Feb 20, 2012
Hi kapil

My email id is sivachandra123@hotmail.com.... also r u in facebook.... add me as ur friend....sivasankaran chandrasekaran....i live in toronto, canada...they just replied that ..

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Plese be advised that this file is pending background checks. The passports will be returned as requested.

But we havent got the passports back yet....

Can you send an e-mail with ur phone nO; and email....my account is not letting me send a PM

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
did you asked by email to NDVO after this email or informed that you have not received the passport yet?

Thanks,
Kapil

mike17 said:
Hi kapil

My email id is sivachandra123 @ hotmail.com.... also r u in facebook.... add me as ur friend....sivasankaran chandrasekaran....i live in toronto, canada...they just replied that ..

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Plese be advised that this file is pending background checks. The passports will be returned as requested.

But we havent got the passports back yet....

Can you send an e-mail with ur phone nO; and email....my account is not letting me send a PM

mike17

Feb 20, 2012
we sent an e-mail requestin pp back on jan 19th..got reply on feb 3d that they will send it.....til now dint get it...feb 20th we sent an follow up email..but no replies

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
So my understanding in your case: NDVO said they are sending the passport back to u but I believe they did not tell u when they are sending back? Please correct me if I ma wrong

Again: When did u submitted your passport to NDVO office?

Thank you,
Kapil

mike17 said:
we sent an e-mail requestin pp back on jan 19th..got reply on feb 3d that they will send it.....til now dint get it...feb 20th we sent an follow up email..but no replies

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
Any one advise me on this please, I haven't received my passport back from them. when I CAN EXPECT MY PASSPORTS BACK FROM THEM?? I have informed my employer that I will be rejoining soon...I am really worried now....

How much time it takes by registered post? any idea guys....please advice.

Thank you

I have received an email from them on March 3rd that they are sending our passports back in next 5 days, please see below:

I had asked NDVO to tentative time line for returning my stamped passport, and I have received this email from them:

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

This acknowledges your request for the return of your passport. It will be returned to you by registered mail at your designated mailing address in India, Nepal or Bhutan, leaving our office within the next five business days.

If you have not already provided a mailing address in India, Nepal or Bhutan, you must provide a mailing address in India, Nepal or Bhutan to which your passport can be returned by registered mail before we can act on your request.

Please note that Indian law does not permit passports to be sent into or out of India by mail or commercial courier.

Immigration Section/ Section de l'immigration - 8
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

[/quote]