+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply PGWP and spousal open work permit TOGETHER?

Oct 6, 2019
Hello, I really need some help!

- My PGWP expires on July 12 2021. I am planning to apply for my spouse open work permit. If I apply 6 month before of my PGWP expiration date (July 12,2021) will that be okay? Or 6 month is needed when they open the application?

- I have moved to a new permanent job recently. I only have one paystubs right now, and can manage maximum 2 before 6 month deadline from my PGWP expiration. Can I apply with 2 paystubs for now and add another one later?

Can someone help? It will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Imranhumayun

May 7, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Lahore
App. Filed.......
27-06-2018

- My PGWP expires on July 12 2021. I am planning to apply for my spouse open work permit. If I apply 6 month before of my PGWP expiration date (July 12,2021) will that be okay? Or 6 month is needed when they open the application?

- I have moved to a new permanent job recently. I only have one paystubs right now, and can manage maximum 2 before 6 month deadline from my PGWP expiration. Can I apply with 2 paystubs for now and add another one later?

Hello,

From what i read in this forum, one can apply Spouse Open Work Permit even by having 1 paystub along with job contract or offer with Letter of explanation to visa officer. There are many posts where people mentioned their personal experiences.. i hope it helps. Waiting for 3 pay stubs doesn’t makes sense since you pgwp will expire soon. And in some cases ppl submited their paystubs through Case Specific Inquiry later during the processing of application after submitting an application.

Reactions: junayed_chowdhury

Imranhumayun

May 7, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Lahore
App. Filed.......
27-06-2018
Hello,

From what i read in this forum, one can apply Spouse Open Work Permit even by having 1 paystub along with job contract or offer with Letter of explanation to visa officer. There are many posts where people mentioned their personal experiences.. i hope it helps. Waiting for 3 pay stubs doesn’t makes sense since you pgwp will expire soon.

i am also about to submit my PGWP. Along with my spouse open work permit extension. Its the similar procedure 3 paystubs And Noc 0 A B job . Fingers crossed

Vasavi03

Jan 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

I completed my course and received my graduation letter on feb 9th. My student visa and my spouse OWP both expires in April. I am already working as assistant manager at a restaurant and my spouse is working in a NOC C job. By May he would be eligible for BC PNP as he would complete his 9months of job at the employer. Can I apply for my PGWP and his OWP at the same time because I don’t know how much time it would take for my PGWP to get approved because of the pandameic

Or can anyone please suggest what is the best solution for me to proceed forward with our applications

Kingharshal

Jun 10, 2017
Hello
In short - No you can’t apply for his OWP at the same time as his OWP depends on your PGWP approval and job contract +paystub .

If he can’t apply for this PNP or with your PGWP permit before the expiry of his current OWP then he is not considered to have an implied status .
Majority of time you shall get your approval in 2 months from application date.

Step 1
You can apply for PGWP ASAP and normally this should have been planned in advance as the dates for getting graduation letter are always announced by college/university . I guess you have the PGWP APPLICATION already filled online and ready to go and all you needed was to upload the graduation letter.

step2 - once you get your PGWP you need to attach a copy of that with recent pay stub with your spouse OWP extension application.

Have a look at this for reference as no one can gaurantee when it will be approved and If You will get it before your spouse OWP expires . If his permit expires in April with you then how will he be eligible to apply for PNP in May as from 1st May he is not eligible to work at present job.
He can only continue working 1st May onwards if you get yours in time and apply his application online before 30th April to get Implied status and continue working in May.

scenario-make sure your spouse application is for OWP EXTENSION IS ready online and all it needs is a copy of your paystub and PGWP PERMIT to submit. If

mmusenna

Jan 5, 2020
I have talked the immigration officer using a CIC contact number. They asked me that you can apply together with your PGWP and your spouse's OWP together since processing time is 90 days or more now. So, once you have your first three pay stubs after you have submitted your application online you can send us using a web form at CIC mentioning the concern and 3 paystubs with offer letter state NOC 0, A or B job. so, they will consider these documents while processing the file. in nutshell, we can apply a together OWP and PGWP if there is processing time is more than two months of online submitted or paper file.
Hello,
Did you get spousal work permit extension without an issue?

Kingharshal

Jun 10, 2017
Hi
This is something new that I have never heard before from a CIC OFFICER. PLease post your timeline for submission so everyone that is in your situation can benefit .
Example
Date of on line application (PGWP AND OWP)
Date you upload additional documents
Date they asked you for more information
Date you get email update about approval
Date you spouse gets passport request for his extension
Thank you

SSShetty

Sep 20, 2020
i am also about to submit my PGWP. Along with my spouse open work permit extension. Its the similar procedure 3 paystubs And Noc 0 A B job . Fingers crossed
Can I apply for SOWP extension with a part-time NOC-B job and 3 slips? or it is mandatory to have a full time job?

Deepika2556

May 4, 2021
Myself, Deepika Nidanakavi, I recently graduated in the month of April, 2021. And then I am gonna apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). Previously I was holding a study permit.
and I am holding a job offer which falls in NOC Category A. I have accepted the offer and signed the contract. But the job will only begin after applying for PGWP.
I would like to apply an Open Work permit for my Husband so can I apply for PGWP and my husband's spousal open work permit TOGETHER?

Thank you

Deepika N

nareshdudhat

Jan 20, 2019
Myself, Deepika Nidanakavi, I recently graduated in the month of April, 2021. And then I am gonna apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). Previously I was holding a study permit.
and I am holding a job offer which falls in NOC Category A. I have accepted the offer and signed the contract. But the job will only begin after applying for PGWP.
I would like to apply an Open Work permit for my Husband so can I apply for PGWP and my husband's spousal open work permit TOGETHER?

Thank you

Deepika N
No you can’t apply together since the processing time is hardly two weeks in these days. First apply yours and once approved you can start working and once you have three paystubs you can apply for SOWP. Because if in your husbands application if they wll not find 3 paystubs of yourself then they will reject the sowp. So they must required for your husband

Kingharshal

Jun 10, 2017
No you can’t apply together since the processing time is hardly two weeks in these days. First apply yours and once approved you can start working and once you have three paystubs you can apply for SOWP. Because if in your husbands application if they wll not find 3 paystubs of yourself then they will reject the sowp. So they must required for your husband

@nareshdudhat is correct about the process.
3 important doucumets while applying for your partners SOWP are
Your 3 paystub
Your job contract copy for them to verify NOC
Your PGWP copy

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hi friends,

I was applying for an LMIA exempt closed work permit. I already have been working for the past 3 years over here on my PGWP as a software engineer. My question; can I apply for sowp together with my application if my wife is not in Canada? I recently got married and my wife is currently in Pakistan and I am confused if I can apply for an OWP for her with my application here? Or would I need to get my work permit first then apply for her from Pakistan? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
I recently graduated from a university and become eligible to apply the Post-graduation Work Permit (PGWP). Previously I was holding a study permit and my husband was holding an open work permit that is dependent on mine. Both our permits expire this August.

I am holding a job offer which falls in NOC Category A. I have accepted the offer and signed the contract. But the job will only begin in July.

Can I apply PGWP and my husband's spousal open work permit TOGETHER?
Or my husband can only apply spousal open work permit AFTER I obtain my PGWP permit and the first payslip from my employer?

I'm just a bit worried about the expiry date so I intend to do the first option of applying together. But the fact that there's not much discussion about applying together makes me hesitate. If any one has experiences on this, please kindly share; it would be greatly appreciated. I guess there are many ppl who have the same situation as mine.
No you can not. You have to apply for pgwp, then you can start your job immediately after you applied online, then you will need three pay stubs and a letter from your employer, which shows you are working in noc A, then you can apply for your spouse open work permit.

arvindman

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Hi,
My situation is same, spouse and kid are with me in Canada, iam on study permit which would expire on nov 30.
What will happen to spouse who is working in noc C if i only apply for my pgwp and approval does not come in time? What are my options?
And kid .

Thank you.