+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for spouse Open Work Permit while PR application is in process.

oby7842

May 21, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I received my Ontario PNP certificate in 2012 and have applied for PR. My current status is under Post Graduation Work Permit. Hopefully within month I will receive my medical request. However, I am planning to go to my country Bangladesh in this August to get married. As far as I know, I must inform CIC about my status change ASAP. therefore I will inform CIC once I get married. However, meantime I am planning to apply for Open Work Permit for my wife from Bangladesh. Can I apply for her OWP while I add her as dependent in my PR application.

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

--OMAR

oby7842

May 21, 2013
I need some help....I would really appreciate if someone take time to share his/her story. Please!!

oby7842

May 21, 2013
Hi Arif,

Thanks for your reply. My job is NOC A category and code number is NOC 5121. Job title is Technical Writer.
I will be waiting for your reply :)

oby7842

May 21, 2013
Re: Can I apply Open Work Permit for spouse while PR application is in process.

Anyone can help????!!!!!!!! pleaseeee

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can apply as your wife is eligible but not sure whether they will give it to her...

do following things;

make sure to show your wife has strong ties to home country; job/property/her family ties
do send your work permit along with her application

AINP-BDR

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
Doc's Request.
30-01-2014
Nomination.....
08-08-2013
AOR Received.
02-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
RPRF Request 30-01-2014 paid on same day
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Interview........
Inproces 11-02-2014 Decision Made 07-03-2014
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
First bring her to Canada on visit permit and then you can apply for dependent work permit on your work permit for her.

nefirious

Aug 5, 2012
I had my wife's Visa rejected two times. Please be careful. She is eligible for a Work Permit. She can get either, a work permit or a visitor visa. It all depends which visa office you are apply through. I'd say try for a visitor. Have atleast $ 7000 or more in your bank account. Is she working ? If she is then show her bank statements as well along with yours and your latest pay stubs. Also make sure you submit papers like her association with some sort of club or something like that, not political, just some social stuff. Also submit papers like her Income tax returns, her pay stubs, her job offer, her house, property papers, her assets and so on. I also recommend you make an affidavit stating that she will return (That might not be required) I had my wife's visa refused so I would have made one. Right now I am just waiting on both our PR's.
They may always give a silly reason to refuse her a visa. I had my wife's visa refused because they assumed that she was going to stay in Canada and that she did not have a job offer, even tough she is not required to have one as she is entitled for a open work permit based on my nomination and my work permit. When asked, they said it is not required, but we recommend, something that din't quite make sense. They are supposed to apply the dual intent provision. Usually anyone who falls under NOC A,O or B, his/her spouse is entitled for a work permit.

Best of Luck...