+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for parents Canadian Visitor Visa here in Canada?

Rose113

Nov 2, 2016
Hello. I am living in Canada and looking into bringing my parents to Canada for a 2 months visit. Can I apply for their visas here in Canada online or does this need to be done in Guyana? I read that they need to send it into VAC In Georgetown but then again it can be done online. I also read that fees paid within Canada will not accepted. They need a bank draft in Canadian dollars in Guyana so I am a bit confused. Can someone kindly advise me on the best process here?

Also, the GCKey, can I apply for GCKey if they are in Guyana? Thank you.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Rose113 said:
Hello. I am living in Canada and looking into bringing my parents to Canada for a 2 months visit. Can I apply for their visas here in Canada online or does this need to be done in Guyana? I read that they need to send it into VAC In Georgetown but then again it can be done online. I also read that fees paid within Canada will not accepted. They need a bank draft in Canadian dollars in Guyana so I am a bit confused. Can someone kindly advise me on the best process here?

Please use the tool:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Rose113 said:

Hi, I checked the Georgetown VAC website: https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-GY/selfservice/cvac_application_processing

I believe that part where it says they will not accept fees paid within Canada refers to the option of submitting their application through the VAC.

If you want to apply for your parents online from Canada, you can very well do it and pay the fees online using the link Jalex23 provided. When they send their passports to the VAC after they get their passport request, there will be additional fees to be paid to the VAC. Hope this helps clear it up for you.

Rose113

Nov 2, 2016
Thank you for the response. That cleared up my confusion.

One last thing, can I have the forms electronically signed on Adobe or do I need to send the forms to my parents in Guyana for their signature?

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Rose113 said:
Thank you for the response. That cleared up my confusion.

One last thing, can I have the forms electronically signed on Adobe or do I need to send the forms to my parents in Guyana for their signature?
Since you are applying online, the forms will need to be scanned anyways, so why don't you fill the form, have your parents print them, sign them, scan them and send them to you through email?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ Yes, that's true. Also note that the generic application form must not be signed (just validate and generate the barcodes) if you are submitting online. If you know how to capture your parents' signatures electronically and insert them in the forms using Adobe Acrobat (or Preview for Mac) for the other forms, you can use that too...I've done it without any problems.