Interview........
never requested
Passport Req..
6/24/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/2/2015
LANDED..........
7/8/2015 (inland since 2011)
Hi, guy's i applied PR through BC PNP. Now my PR file is Inprocess since 3rd September.
My current work permit will be expire on 24/1/2015. When I will be get eligible for open work permit? friends can you pls clear me.

Japy77

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
patwal said:
Hi, guy's i applied PR through BC PNP. Now my PR file is Inprocess since 3rd September.
My current work permit will be expire on 24/1/2015. When I will be get eligible for open work permit? friends can you pls clear me.
I think open work permit is once a life time opportunity. Hope everything will be clear before january 24, 2015.
Thank you

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patwal said:
Hi,

Around a one week more (9/24/2014) - that is 4 months before your current WP expires.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, you must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that your permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four economic classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

Apply the 1st week of October and you are well within all the requirements.

.../atb

patwal

Feb 21, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
Doc's Request.
never asked
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014, and CIC received on 8-04-2014
Interview........
never requested
Passport Req..
6/24/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/2/2015
LANDED..........
ragluf said:
Hi,

Around a one week more (9/24/2014) - that is 4 months before your current WP expires.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, you must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that your permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four economic classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

Apply the 1st week of October and you are well within all the requirements.

.../atb
thank u so much sir. should i apply 25th of this month? should be fine?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patwal said:
thank u so much sir. should i apply 25th of this month? should be fine?
Should be fine. Really does not matter if you are off by a day or two, what matters is when the application is received. If you file online, then it should be received within the day, but if you file a paper application, then it is received a few days later.

I am assuming again you have obtained your letter of nomination from BC PNP and have filed a PR application to CIC. Have you received a letter of nomination from BC PNP and have you received an AoR on your PR application to CIC?

.../atb

Adi7

Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Sept 26,2014
Hi Ragluf,

Mine expiring on Feb 28 2015. When should i apply?

Thanks

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adi7 said:
Hi Ragluf,

Mine expiring on Feb 28 2015. When should i apply?

Thanks
:) I think pretty much you can backtrack 4 months before 2/28/2015 to arrive at the date you can start applying, right? (2/28/2015 - 4 months = 10/28/2014?)

Note the eligibility requirements for a bridging open work permit:
Bridging work permit: eligibility parameters

To be eligible for a bridging work permit, the following parameters must be met:

the foreign national is currently in Canada;
they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months;
they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the FSTP, or the PNP (see note below);
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
they have applied for an open work permit.

.../atb

patwal

Feb 21, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
Doc's Request.
never asked
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014, and CIC received on 8-04-2014
Interview........
never requested
Passport Req..
6/24/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/2/2015
LANDED..........
ragluf said:
Should be fine. Really does not matter if you are off by a day or two, what matters is when the application is received. If you file online, then it should be received within the day, but if you file a paper application, then it is received a few days later.

I am assuming again you have obtained your letter of nomination from BC PNP and have filed a PR application to CIC. Have you received a letter of nomination from BC PNP and have you received an AoR on your PR application to CIC?

.../atb
yeah i had received the nomination letter from BC PNP and also i had received AOR from CIC. i will go for online option if i’ll apply open work permit.pls sir guide me

Adi7

Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Sept 26,2014
Hi ragluf,

I need some advice from you.

I changed my job after i applied for Permanent residency .I was promoted in same company store Consequently JOB NOC changed too.I applied SINP from skilled and got the nomination. Will it impact on BOWP application?

Can i still get the BOWP?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adi7 said:
Hi ragluf,

I need some advice from you.

I changed my job after i applied for Permanent residency .I was promoted in same company store Consequently JOB NOC changed too.I applied SINP from skilled and got the nomination. Will it impact on BOWP application?

Can i still get the BOWP?
Hi,

You are still working for the same company on a closed work permit right? It will not impact BOWP application. The only requirements are those that are listed in the link I previously sent. But note, the intent of the BOWP was for those whose work permits are due to expire in the near future but has a ongoing PR application (positive eligibility obtained) to enable them to continue status without going through a lengthy work permit renewal status. It is also a way for those whose work status may also not be renewed by their employer under a CWP, or whose periods/contract of employment have been terminated or expired; the OWP allows them to look for other employer freely if their term/temp contract is not be renewed.

.../atb