+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for Bridging Open Work Permit?

wayneliu

Jan 23, 2021
Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, I am applying for PR through paper-based OINP program. I received my AOR on July 1st, 2021, but since then there is no update on my application status. The "Details about your application status" is still saying "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.", and no additional materials are required. The progress bar has already reached 91%. I was wondering if this is normal?

Besides, my current post-graduate work permit will expire in three months. I think I need to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit. However, in order to apply for a BOWP, my PR application should be approved in principle (AIP). Am I considered to be AIP as there is no update after AOR? Can I apply for the BOWP?

Thanks in advance for any help and information!

wayneliu

Jan 23, 2021
Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey Wayneliu, where do you see the status of paper based application?
Sorry, I didn't check the forum for quite a while. For paper based application, you have to receive an acknowledgement of receipt (AoR) email before you can check the status on the IRCC website. In the AoR, you can find an application number, with which you can link the paper-based application to your account on the IRCC website. Then you can see the status of the application.