+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for another study permit while I wait?

Sith51

Jan 15, 2012
Hi, I applied for a study permit to start the University Transfer Programme/Associate Degree at Columbia College for Fall 2012. I sent my application in June, received my medical instructions 2 weeks later and sent everything back after another 2 weeks. I had some complications with my proof of a sponsor. My dad's good friend agreed to let his company pay my fees and we sent statements and an affidavit but they still asked for our personal bank statements but there wasn't enough on them at all so we weren't able to send anything by the required date. The term started and I haven't received any rejection letter or anything yet but I want to apply to go to a different place in Canada. I already have an offer letter for January 2013 but I'm not sure if I can apply for another study permit while one is already being processed. What do I do? I don't want to wait if I don't have to. Study permits in Pretoria take ages to get processed.

Sith51

Jan 15, 2012
...or am I allowed to change institutions while the application is still being processed and inform them by letter? Also, my dad's bank agreed to give my a student loan if I open an account there.

alwaysoptimistic

Jun 8, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2013
Med's Request
how can u apply 2 study permits?????? because every time u apply for a visa you have to send your passport too and without a passport you can't get a visa and you can have one passport at a time of a nationality not two isn't it?

talha21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
IELTS Request
Nahhh....
Med's Done....
Not required as Japanese resident
VISA ISSUED...
3/10/2012
Its like can I try for another baby while my wife is pregnant :D

canadamasters

Sep 3, 2012
talha21 said:
Its like can I try for another baby while my wife is pregnant :D
well wrong analogy u definitely can have a baby while ur wife is pregnant(from another women) haha :) kidding.where as ur wife cannot have another baby while she is pregnant...lol

talha21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
IELTS Request
Nahhh....
Med's Done....
Not required as Japanese resident
VISA ISSUED...
3/10/2012
canadamasters said:
well wrong analogy u definitely can have a baby while ur wife is pregnant(from another women) haha :) kidding.where as ur wife cannot have another baby while she is pregnant...lol
Complicated much :D

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Sith51 said:
Hi, I applied for a study permit to start the University Transfer Programme/Associate Degree at Columbia College for Fall 2012. I sent my application in June, received my medical instructions 2 weeks later and sent everything back after another 2 weeks. I had some complications with my proof of a sponsor. My dad's good friend agreed to let his company pay my fees and we sent statements and an affidavit but they still asked for our personal bank statements but there wasn't enough on them at all so we weren't able to send anything by the required date. The term started and I haven't received any rejection letter or anything yet but I want to apply to go to a different place in Canada. I already have an offer letter for January 2013 but I'm not sure if I can apply for another study permit while one is already being processed. What do I do? I don't want to wait if I don't have to. Study permits in Pretoria take ages to get processed.
lol u really want to work the system dont u....multiple visa applications lol

Sith51

Jan 15, 2012
I still have my passport. I didn't send it back after I got it for the medicals because it wasn't on the list of items I should include. And I was told they will ask for it when they need it. And I'm still waiting for a response. What do I do? Because they haven't accepted or declined my application for the September intake yet and right now it's too late to apply for a study permit to go in January. I don't even know what I'm waiting for.