+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i apply as a refugee while i had UAE business visa?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
It sounds like @luckyrefugee had been living and working in the UAE for some time. @luckyrefugee did you have a good international travel history? What was your purpose for travel when you applied for your TRV? What is your citizenship? Because of the large number of refugees from Afghanistan there will always be concerns that someone is entering Canada to claim asylum. Would be the same thing for citizens from Yemen, Syria, Nigeria, etc.
Ofcourse long time. Good business. Travel history for more then 27 counties. Had couple of valid visa including USA

Reactions: sahar2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i lived in UAE for 10 years too.
Living in UAE isn't enough and it doesn't sound like you are currently working and living in the UAE, are employed in the UAE in a well paying job, own property or have a lease of a home in the UAE. Previous international travel especially to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc. Being a citizen of Afghanistan have been filing for asylum across the world so are always under increased scrutiny when it comes to their visa applications. Not trying to discourage you but think you need to have realistic expectations and need to try your best to include as much proof as possible that you have such great ties to Afghanistan that you would never remain in Canada.

sahar2021

Mar 30, 2021
Living in UAE isn't enough and it doesn't sound like you are currently working and living in the UAE, are employed in the UAE in a well paying job, own property or have a lease of a home in the UAE. Previous international travel especially to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc. Being a citizen of Afghanistan have been filing for asylum across the world so are always under increased scrutiny when it comes to their visa applications. Not trying to discourage you but think you need to have realistic expectations and need to try your best to include as much proof as possible that you have such great ties to Afghanistan that you would never remain in Canada.
thanks for ur reply.
getting TRD is ok for me.
i will get it with having sponcer.
i just doubt if the officer say u could stay in UAE,why u travel to Canada
thats what i need fo know