+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply again as Federal Skilled Worker Class?

sanjivgautam

Jul 22, 2009
I had applied for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class on 28 May 2009. I had mentioned work experience in occupations with the following NOC codes: 2171, Programmer Analyst, 2173, Software Engineer, System Engineer.
But last week I received an email stating ...
"These occupations are not included on the list of eligible occupations specified in the instructions identified by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on 28 November 2008. Your application is therefore not eligible to be processed."

My question ...
1- Can I apply again as Federal Skilled Worker Class, if yes then what should be NOC code ?
(Right now I am in USA on H1B visa for last three years and working as a consultant. I have worked in india about 4 years as software engineer.)
2- Do I need to show proof of experience?

Thanks!
Sanjiv

shahrahulb

Jul 22, 2009
When was your draft en-cashed.

i also applied in end of May under NOC 2173 and expecting rejection :)

Did they mention they'll refund the money

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
You can apply for Federal Skilled Worker Class if you have atleast 1yr. experience in 38 occupations list (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp).

You can check under "NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers" to see if your duties match with those given for NOC: 0213.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sanjivgautum, the only NOC code for computer professionals is now 0213 which is for the ones who perform managerial duties. let's suppose you re-apply with NOC 0213, how will you explain the difference in duties provided with your previous application as compared to the ones you will provide with new application? my understanding is that they already have the information you provided with your previous application. if you provide a different information with your new file, i am not sure how will they react. i would say let a senior and knowledgable member like PMM and Leon come across this thread and give you some suggestions on how you need to go about this situation without jeopardising your new application.

F

FTICS

Immigration wont have any record of your documents, so u dont need to be worried about this. You can ask for refund and reapply simply as u did before.

FTICS
977-1-4422073

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
FTICS said:
Immigration wont have any record of your documents, so u dont need to be worried about this. You can ask for refund and reapply simply as u did before.

FTICS
977-1-4422073
i believe they do keep record of all the information. see this.

What Is 'CAIPS'?
CAIPS is short for 'Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System'. It is the computer system used by Citizenship & Immigration Canada to process visa applications, and holds all the information on the status of every immigration application being processed.