+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply after ITA without waiting for 90 days for the FBI clearance

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

My CRS is 458 and I am expecting my ITA very soon. I am working on an OWP and it will expire on 31st of December. I spent more than 6 months in the USA in the past. And applied for FBI clearance a week ago. It is not likely that I'll get PCC before my visa expires. To be able to apply for a BOWP I have to submit my PR application before my visa expires. So this means I'll have to apply without the USA PCC.

I've copied all the documents (fingerprints, fedex receipt etc.) which prove that I already applied for the FBI clearance. So I'll submit those documents with a LOE. Would that work?

Should I apply a few days before my visa expires or can I apply even sooner with a LOE and related documents. What do you advice?

Thanks.

tpham

Nov 11, 2017
Yes I'm going the same route so I know it will work, just need to estimate time correctly. It took me almost 100 days from sending app to receive FBI clearance in my mail.

After getting ITA you can submit your PR application and LOE including all FBI document/proof of submission, the system will issue you an AOR letter in few mins. You have to include this AOR letter in your BOWP app. I recommend doing this close to your OWP expire date to buy time. As soon as they open your PR app they will give you 60 days to submit additional required documents, in my case they asked for FBI clearance and RCMP (because I have been in Canada for 1.5 years). And my BOWP was fine with the initial AOR.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: hrzafer