+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Fingerprints done while outside of canada?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Hi
I just wanted to ask If IRCC request fingerprints, Can we do them from outside of CANADA or we have to return for the prints?

I done some google search and apparently there are companies all over the world that are accredidtated by RCMP for finger printing.

Has anybody heard or done such a thing?

any input would be appreciated

thanks

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Hi
I just wanted to ask If IRCC request fingerprints, Can we do them from outside of CANADA or we have to return for the prints?

I done some google search and apparently there are companies all over the world that are accredidtated by RCMP for finger printing.

thanks
Anybody please?

justanotherguy28

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hi

thanks

I don't know if IRCC technically allows fingerprinting outside Canada or not (Personally I don't see any issue since you're allowed to travel after filing your citizenship application but I have no personal experience).

If you're asking if there is a mode available to get RCMP fingerprints while being outside the country, I've seen quite a few fingerprinting agencies offering that on their websites. Like this one.

https://nationalpardon.org/fingerprinting/

From the list, select:

Not sure how all the mailing works (like if you can directly mail it to IRCC etc), but overall it seems possible to get fingerprinted while outside Canada.

I believe they charge you a lot more money compared to the same domestic service so you might have to shop around.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
I don't know if IRCC technically allows fingerprinting outside Canada or not (Personally I don't see any issue since you're allowed to travel after filing your citizenship application but I have no personal experience).

If you're asking if there is a mode available to get RCMP fingerprints while being outside the country, I've seen quite a few fingerprinting agencies offering that on their websites. Like this one.

https://nationalpardon.org/fingerprinting/

From the list, select:

Not sure how all the mailing works (like if you can directly mail it to IRCC etc), but overall it seems possible to get fingerprinted while outside Canada.

I believe they charge you a lot more money compared to the same domestic service so you might have to shop around.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for your reply , it seems possible! the big question is would IRCC mind this! I guess ( and im guessing now) it would be ok. because as long as IRCC is ok then i dont see why IRCC would mind

my wife applied her application last dec and till now even her BG check is not completed. Her plan was to pursue a master degree in UK for one year ( starting last month) but we delayed it becuase of the citizenship application

Now we are thinking she should start next semister ( march) even if we dong hear from the IRCC. by phone the agent told her 6 months ago that on his side it shows that she is required to do fingerprint but Nothing formal till now

So i guess she might do them in the UK and definetly it will worth the price then coming back to canada

justanotherguy28

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
by phone the agent told her 6 months ago that on his side it shows that she is required to do fingerprint but Nothing formal till now
It seems like a common issue.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fingerprint-request-through-mail.674505/

I'd still double check all my email folders/junk mailbox even though most junk mails from then might have been automatically purged by now. It seems like you'd still be better off contacting IRCC and receiving a formal fingerprint request before sending your wife's fingerprints. I would relentlessly follow up with them by all means web form/phone etc.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
It seems like a common issue.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fingerprint-request-through-mail.674505/

I'd still double check all my email folders/junk mailbox even though most junk mails from then might have been automatically purged by now. It seems like you'd still be better off contacting IRCC and receiving a formal fingerprint request before sending your wife's fingerprints. I would relentlessly follow up with them by all means web form/phone etc.
thanks !

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
If your wife wants to leave Canada permanently (for at least a year), she will definitely have a problem. IRCC asks us to let it know if we want to leave canada for more than 14 days, and give it our new address. Many people ignore it while they want to be outside canada for even 2 month! They have been okay so far AFIK. However, leaving Canada to study in a foreign country after applying for citizenship is not a wise choice. You’d better let IRCCC know. Even if you let them know, they will probably stop the processing of your application until you come back to Canada.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thanks for the reply, actually we will let them know but i dont think this will affect the progressing of the applications as fingerprints is related to RCMP and not Ircc. Even if they stop our application for another year at this point we simply dont care anymore! it Will be a year and nothing so far

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Thanks for the reply, actually we will let them know but i dont think this will affect the progressing of the applications as fingerprints is related to RCMP and not Ircc. Even if they stop our application for another year at this point we simply dont care anymore! it Will be a year and nothing so far
No, I didn’t mean that if you do your FP outside canada they would stop the processing. I meant that if you want to leave Canada for a long time like a year for studying, you definitely need to let them know and it will definitely affect your application processing.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
No, I didn’t mean that if you do your FP outside canada they would stop the processing. I meant that if you want to leave Canada for a long time like a year for studying, you definitely need to let them know and it will definitely affect your application processing.
I'm not sure if we have to tell them or not , I see many applicants here are leaving without informing IRCC and they are coming back for test. We are still debating this idea especially that me and the kids will stay in Canada and will still have physical address here, so it will be just my wife leaving.

I hope she finish the fingerprint /test before she leave.

thanks for your reply.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I'm not sure if we have to tell them or not , I see many applicants here are leaving without informing IRCC and they are coming back for test. We are still debating this idea especially that me and the kids will stay in Canada and will still have physical address here, so it will be just my wife leaving.

I hope she finish the fingerprint /test before she leave.

thanks for your reply.
I’m not an expert. You definitely shouldn’t and won’t trust or rely on my opinion. However, in my personal opinion, having a trip for 2-3 months is totally different than leaving Canada to study in another country. Let’s say the processing of her application takes one more year. If you don’t declare it, and they notice that your wife has left Canada for one year to study in another country, then you’ll have a problem IMO. You should let them know your new address in another country. Student status in another country is considered as temporary residence. In the probable interview, they might ask about it. It’s all my personal opinion. I’m not an expert. Better to consult with an expert or a lawyer, or ask IRCC directly.

Reactions: cooldoc80