+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Experience Letter be signed by a colleague who is a contractor

Sep 16, 2020
My current employer won't give me letter of experience. Googling, I learned that a colleague can also provide the letter. Please help me:

1. Is that correct if a colleague can sign and provide the letter mentioning the details as my current role and responsibilities, salary, duration in the company, etc.?
2. If they can, if they are on contract in the same company, can I get the letter from them or they need to be a full-time employee?

Please help me assist my queries as I am really in a fix for this. Thanking you in advance.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I think it has to be signed by HR or your supervisor.

Since you're a contract staff they might make an exception if you add a LOE and explain that your current employer does not want to give you a reference letter. They will still likely verify the details from your employer, since the letter of experience was not signed by them.

Last edited:

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
ideally its not that much helpful but something better than none. So if HR is impossible have that denial email and tell that letter is from a contractor colleague. don't hide be honest.

Sep 16, 2020
I think it has to be signed by HR or your supervisor.

Since you're a contract staff they might make an exception if you add a LOE and explain that your current employer does not want to give you a reference letter. They will still likely verify the details from your employer, since the letter of experience was not signed by them.
Thank you for your response.