+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can dependent work immediately on their COPR?

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by Ananyamukh, Oct 11, 2019.

  1. I am the principal applicant. My husband and daughter are dependent on my application. We got our COPR. Theirs are issued in their names, lisitng me as the PA. My husband got a job offer. Can he start working once we land and get our SIN? OR does he have to apply for open work permit?
  2. He cannot work on a COPR. He has to complete landing formalities and become a PR first - then he can start working. As the principal applicant, you must land either before or at the same time as your husband.
  3. Of course. That was my question. We are landing in a week. Can he start working the week after that or does he have to apply for open work permit at the port of entry.
    Thank you for answering the question
  4. Of course. PRs don’t need work permits.

Share This Page