+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can CSE be raised if we inadvertently made a mistake in eapr?

Asif Faiz

May 4, 2018
Dear forum,
Please guide me on the following
1) can CSE be raised to correct an inadvertent error in your application?
2) how to do it? Through some web form or a simple LOE?
3) If email is to be sent then at what email id?
4) what are the general response of a Visa officer

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Dear forum,
Please guide me on the following
1) can CSE be raised to correct an inadvertent error in your application?
2) how to do it? Through some web form or a simple LOE?
3) If email is to be sent then at what email id?
4) what are the general response of a Visa officer
Yes you should raise a CSE through a web form https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
In theee depending on what you need to update you can write in the description and also attach updated documents you like IRCC to review.

Asif Faiz

May 4, 2018
Yes you should raise a CSE through a web form https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
In theee depending on what you need to update you can write in the description and also attach updated documents you like IRCC to review.
Thanks for the reply brother.
But when I open the link, it says that CSE webform can be used in following situation
You may use this form if:
  • You have submitted an application or profile.
  • Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.
  • You wish to report important changes, such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests. If you are reporting a change in contact information, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. During this time you should continue to monitor your old contact information.
  • You wish to add, change or cancel a representative and you are ready to upload your Use of Representative Form (IMM5476) or you authorize IRCC to release information from your case file and you are ready to upload your Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475).
  • You require urgent processing of your renewal/replacement Permanent Resident card. To be eligible for urgent processing, you must provide:
    • proof of travel (itinerary or ticket) that shows your full name, destination and travel dates;
    • proof of payment for the travel that shows the date you paid, the full amount you paid, and how you paid;
    • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency; and
    • proof of the urgency (e.g. a doctor’s note, death certificate, or letter from your employer).
  • You wish to report a technical issue with IRCC online services. Please select 'Technical Difficulty' as your application/enquiry type and ensure you provide:
    • type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record, etc) in the 'Your enquiry' field;
    • approximate date that the application was submitted, if applicable, in the 'Your enquiry' field.
    • complete address (including the postal code) in the 'Your enquiry' field. If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses;
    • Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number, if you have one;
    • online application reference number, if you have one;
    • telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all;
    • screenshot(s), if possible.
In this we nowhere see that CSE can be raised for a human error in the application.

Please guide

Asif Faiz

May 4, 2018
It's fine. You can contact them via web form
Brother what shall I write as a reason of such error? Can I say that I mistakenly forgot to add one detail?
Will they accept it and consider the thing? It does not impact my scores, it's only one disclosure.
Please guide brother.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Brother what shall I write as a reason of such error? Can I say that I mistakenly forgot to add one detail?
Will they accept it and consider the thing? It does not impact my scores, it's only one disclosure.
Please guide brother.
Don’t sugar quote anything, please be clear in your CSE that you would like to add this document or replace this document in your application.

Asif Faiz

May 4, 2018
Don’t sugar quote anything, please be clear in your CSE that you would like to add this document or replace this document in your application.
Brother, what are the chances that they will accept my CSE and won't reject it seeing that I made a silly error?
I might be novice, but really worried about this.

octopus007

Oct 12, 2019
I have a question.

In the family history section I mentioned UK current residency and Pakistan country of citizenship of my brother in law as he is on a student visa and residing there since past 3 years. After I filed my eapr he came back to pakistan for a semester break. He will go back in a few months to continue his study. My question is whether I should have mentioned pakistan as country of residence instead of uk. Is this an error. Please help.

Last edited:

supernovamuz

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I have a question.

In the family history section I mentioned UK current residency and Pakistan country of citizenship of my brother in law as he is on a student visa and residing there since past 3 years. After I filed my eapr he came back to pakistan for a semester break. He will go back in a few months to continue his study. My question is whether I should have mentioned pakistan as country of residence instead of uk. Is this an error. Please help.
Dont do anything, they dont bother about sibling residence.