+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a pregnant woman gets visa to come to Canada to give birth and go back?

AnthonyOsuji

Sep 18, 2017
Hi

I wanna find out if it is possible for a pregnant woman who is from Africa origin but she resides in Germany can come to Canada to give birth and go back to Germany to complete her studies?

I heard from a friend that it is possible but I want to verify that here because I have so much love for this forum.

Please if u have an idea or any subclass visa that could work out kindly drop it here. Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
There is no specific visa for giving birth. Visa officers can evaluate visas for medical treatment.

However, the question would be why someone would need to come to Canada from Germany to give birth. I assume it's to obtain Canadian citizenship for the child; that citizenship does not entitle the mother to remain in Canada. Visa officers would be concerned that the mother would overstay or claim asylum.

The mother should also have substantial funds, anywhere from $15,000 - a $100,000+ as births can be very expensive in Canada if there are any complications at all.

If you apply with a specific intent of giving birth, you may well be denied.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi

I wanna find out if it is possible for a pregnant woman who is from Africa origin but she resides in Germany can come to Canada to give birth and go back to Germany to complete her studies?

I heard from a friend that it is possible but I want to verify that here because I have so much love for this forum.

Please if u have an idea or any subclass visa that could work out kindly drop it here. Thank you
In addition to the above, if you are not applying as a genuine tourist/visitor, that alone may be sufficient to deny a visa or, if one is granted, CBSA to impose a strict limit of the number of days you can stay. They might only permit a two weeks visit, for example.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your friend may also struggle to get a travel visa. She could also be sent right back to Germany when she lands. The best option is to have a child in Germany. How would she leave school for 6 months? There seems to be a big uptick in birth tourism from West Africa and just in general. Hopefully now that it is a bigger issue I hope it will soon get addressed.