+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a person having business experience/ self employed claim work experience points under FSW ?

Sep 29, 2017
Hi All,
I have a query on employement documents to be submitted.

My situation is as follows: I am a businessman. I have two companies on my name one partner (where other partners are my wife, my brother, and my brothers wife) and other company is my proprietory concern. Its manufacturing and trading of a furniture. I mean i have a retail store and a factory. Its on papers since may 2015.

I have all the papers like company pan ( of both partnership and proprietorship company), filed returns since last two years, GST documents, GST and ITR of both the concerns, and gumastha. But i dont have monthly salary credit in my bank account. Before may2015 also i was into business but it was on my brothers name. And since it was our own business i did'nt draw any monthly salary by cheque. You know how family business run in india.

So to sum up, i finished my PGeMBA in 2009 and since then i have my own business. Its just that 2009 to 2015 on my brothers name and 2015 to till date, a partnership company and my proprietory concern, on my name as well. Line of business is same just company names have changed.

My question to experts is how should i present my employment documents? Do they ask for ITRV or they also also for computation of income? And would they consider my employement for 3+ years and grant me points on this? Bcos with 3+ year employement my score reaches 416. I got CLB 9 so no chances of increasing score now. And with this score there are probable chances of getting an ITA.. please experts advise me on how do i present my employement documents? And what NOC code is advisable.

Thanks in anticipation.

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Yea you can. I’m a businessman running two businesses. I’ve submitted all the relevant partnership/proprietorship documents, registration documents, 3 years of P/L-balance sheet-bank accounts, relevant referral letters from your clients/suppliers and you should be good.

On the advice of my consultant I had also submitted a letter from my CA. The letter stated in detail what my duties were in the business and what the business is worth.

Reactions: inquisitivemind

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
The second business I run is actually a proprietorship in my mother’s name. I’ve given relevant position and the appointment letter signed by my mother. Also I have never taken a salary credit and they didn’t ask for any salary receipts.

Sep 29, 2017
Yea you can. I’m a businessman running two businesses. I’ve submitted all the relevant partnership/proprietorship documents, registration documents, 3 years of P/L-balance sheet-bank accounts, relevant referral letters from your clients/suppliers and you should be good.

On the advice of my consultant I had also submitted a letter from my CA. The letter stated in detail what my duties were in the business and what the business is worth.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. Did it work well? I mean did u get the PR after submission of above documents you have mentioned here? Also do they ask for your income computation as well for your individual returns?

Sep 29, 2017
C
The second business I run is actually a proprietorship in my mother’s name. I’ve given relevant position and the appointment letter signed by my mother. Also I have never taken a salary credit and they didn’t ask for any salary receipts.
Could you please share the lists of documentation you had filed, if you dont mind? I have got 416 so just in case i get an ITA i have my documents ready. I will have to show my employment since 2009 or only for last 3 years? Bcos then i will have to arrange my business docs for last two years and before that i wil show myself as an employee with my brothers firm.
Also if u can suggest NOC code under which i should file?

Last edited:

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Thanks so much for the quick reply. Did it work well? I mean did u get the PR after submission of above documents you have mentioned here? Also do they ask for your income computation as well for your individual returns?
Yea it did. I have passed eligibility and everything and my visa is approved. Just waiting for them to ask me to submit the passports. To be on the safe side I submitted my individual returns from the start. Waiting for them to ask at a later stage delays stuff unnecessarily.

C

Could you please share the lists of documentation you had filed, if you dont mind? I have got 416 so just in case i get an ITA i have my documents ready. I will have to show my employment since 2009 or only for last 3 years? Bcos then i will have to arrange my business docs for last two years and before that i wil show myself as an employee with my brothers firm
The more experience to ishpw the better. Since you have been genuinely working since 2009 just create an appointment letter in your name since that date.

For my partnership business I submitted the partnership deeds, ITRs, bank statements, balance sheets and p&l accounts, client referral letters, CA referral letter.

For the moms business I just submitted the appointment letter. So you can show an appointment letter since 2009 and show the partnership deed stating that 3 years ago you were promoted to partner. Simple.

Sep 29, 2017
Yea it did. I have passed eligibility and everything and my visa is approved. Just waiting for them to ask me to submit the passports. To be on the safe side I submitted my individual returns from the start. Waiting for them to ask at a later stage delays stuff unnecessarily.

The more experience to ishpw the better. Since you have been genuinely working since 2009 just create an appointment letter in your name since that date.

For my partnership business I submitted the partnership deeds, ITRs, bank statements, balance sheets and p&l accounts, client referral letters, CA referral letter.

For the moms business I just submitted the appointment letter. So you can show an appointment letter since 2009 and show the partnership deed stating that 3 years ago you were promoted to partner. Simple.
Thank you so much for your help. You have solved maximum queries i had. One more thing what occupation code do we have to show ? I mean i have heard that they generally dont entertain any NOC code decided by you since its your own company afterall. I take care of all the management activities like marketing, sales targets, product costing determination in factory, and deciding sales price for such products. Besides i also look after legal aspects like return filing, coordinating with chartereds, managing accounting team. Precisely all the activities. So how do i show them on experience letter? If you dont mind , my agent has asked to submit salary slips as well. But like u mentioned you also didnt draw any salary. I may do the same. Education wise i have done my engineering then MBA marketing n then into business since 2009. So now as per your advise i will present my case like this
Completed MBA in 2009
Joined brothers company and worked with him as Marketing Manager til may 2015.
From may2015 to till date floated two companies under my name. Will submit all the relevant company documents.
Is that correct?
Do they even ask for your income computation ? Had you submitted your computation and ITRV (Income tax paid challan) both?

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Thank you so much for your help. You have solved maximum queries i had. One more thing what occupation code do we have to show ? I mean i have heard that they generally dont entertain any NOC code decided by you since its your own company afterall. I take care of all the management activities like marketing, sales targets, product costing determination in factory, and deciding sales price for such products. Besides i also look after legal aspects like return filing, coordinating with chartereds, managing accounting team. Precisely all the activities. So how do i show them on experience letter? If you dont mind , my agent has asked to submit salary slips as well. But like u mentioned you also didnt draw any salary. I may do the same. Education wise i have done my engineering then MBA marketing n then into business since 2009. So now as per your advise i will present my case like this
Completed MBA in 2009
Joined brothers company and worked with him as Marketing Manager til may 2015.
From may2015 to till date floated two companies under my name. Will submit all the relevant company documents.
Is that correct?
Do they even ask for your income computation ? Had you submitted your computation and ITRV (Income tax paid challan) both?
You’ll have to work that out yourself bro. Because I wouldn’t know. Since I run a factory (printing press) and my activities are almost the same but, I used to take care of production too. I have put in 911000 - manufacturing managers. I think you could use the same.

As I said earlier. I just gave them everything. Hence, not giving them any excuse to ask for more documents which could have resulted in possible delays.

Sep 28, 2017

Hi. I have a similar sitiation like yours. Can u please share the client and CA referral letters for my persual. I need to know what what contents are to be mentioned on the client referral letters and CA referral letters. For instance my roles and responsibilities , or bill details, payment details, etc.

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Hi. I have a similar sitiation like yours. Can u please share the client and CA referral letters for my persual. I need to know what what contents are to be mentioned on the client referral letters and CA referral letters. For instance my roles and responsibilities , or bill details, payment details, etc.
Are you applying by yourself or have you hired a consultant?

Message me your email. Let me see what I can do.

Reactions: vaibhavvetal

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Hi,
I have applied through an agent. But he seems to be inexperienced about such situation..thats why i am worried and hence i have started doing research by myself. My email is is styleteak@gmail.com
You should ask for your money back. These documents are the main thing. If they can't do this then what's the point of paying them? :p

Please check your email.

vaibhavvetal

May 9, 2017

Even I am in same boat, and thanks for clarifying the concerns.

Could you please also share with me the Client referral letter format and CA letter format at earliest on vaibhavvetal@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.