+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a kid travel with Visitor Record? Visitor Visa Expired

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
Hello Experts

My wife is in student VISA and my kid was on Visitor VISA. My Kid's VISA and permit as Visitor expired 17 Jan 2019. We had applied for her extension on Sept 2018 and we got Visitor Record till 30th Sept 2019.

On April, we are planning travel to India, I am concerned - Can she travel to India and re-enter Canada without valid VISA stamped on her passport?

I tried to apply for fresh Visitor VISA for her, every time I complete the eligibility check, it shows for Visitor extension - which I believe the same process we have already done to extend her stay. Provides form IMM5708e to fill up.

Please advise if she can travel and re-enter Canada. If not, what is the best option for us now to get her VISA?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Experts

My wife is in student VISA and my kid was on Visitor VISA. My Kid's VISA and permit as Visitor expired 17 Jan 2019. We had applied for her extension on Sept 2018 and we got Visitor Record till 30th Sept 2019.

On April, we are planning travel to India, I am concerned - Can she travel to India and re-enter Canada without valid VISA stamped on her passport?

I tried to apply for fresh Visitor VISA for her, every time I complete the eligibility check, it shows for Visitor extension - which I believe the same process we have already done to extend her stay. Provides form IMM5708e to fill up.

Please advise if she can travel and re-enter Canada. If not, what is the best option for us now to get her VISA?
You are getting the visitor extension option because she is applying from in-Canada. She must apply for a visitor visa/TRV to a visa office outside Canada or a India visa office.

You can apply online (India residence address).... and submit her passport to one of the India VFS for visa stamping when you get a passport request

MahnoorFatima

Nov 8, 2018
Hi.
My son is born in Pakistan Pakistan. Me and my husband are Perminent Residents. How to get TRV for son? What should I mention reason for travel in letter of explanation..
Backgrounds:
We gave soft landing in October 2016 amd decided to come back after 2 years.
Meanwhile I got pregnant and we decided to move back to canada but due to medical issues I could not travel.
Now my son is 9 months old. We are moving back to Canada. But I could not leave myvson alone here in Pakistan. I want to travel with my family.
If I stayed here so I could not maintain the time period 2 and half year to live in canada to apply for citizenship because in October 2021 my PR card will expire.
My husband is going back to canada in March 2019 he will outland sponsor my son.
Applying for my son TRV or TRP so I could travel with my son and husband as family so that I could hav3 timw to maintain my PR status

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
You are getting the visitor extension option because she is applying from in-Canada. She must apply for a visitor visa/TRV to a visa office outside Canada or an India visa office.

You can apply online (India residence address).... and submit her passport to one of the India VFS for visa stamping when you get a passport request
Thanks Bryanna, I am applying it in-Canada because she is living in Canada at present and I must get her VISA before travel. I am not really able to understand - what is the process in this scenario, do not find anything in CIC portal.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna, I am applying it in-Canada because she is living in Canada at present and I must get her VISA before travel. I am not really able to understand - what is the process in this scenario, do not find anything in CIC portal.
She cannot apply for a new TRV from in-Canada. Only applicants who have a study permit or a work permit can apply for new TRVs from in-Canada.

You will continue to get the 'visitor extension' option for your present situation i.e. Canada residence address.

Also, she does NOT need to get a new TRV before she leaves. She can leave without this visa. She needs a TRV to re-enter Canada.

She must apply to a visa office outside Canada/India visa office + get the new TRV stamped in her passport before she travels back to Canada

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
She cannot apply for a new TRV from in-Canada. Only applicants who have a study permit or a work permit can apply for new TRVs from in-Canada.

You will continue to get the 'visitor extension' option for your present situation i.e. Canada residence address.

Also, she does NOT need to get a new TRV before she leaves. She can leave without this visa. She needs a TRV to re-enter Canada.

She must apply to a visa office outside Canada/India visa office + get the new TRV stamped in her passport before she travels back to Canada
Thank you Bryanna, I understand what you explained. I feel it is risky, applying for the VISA after travel and what if we do not get it approved within a short period of 3 weeks (planning to travel for 3 weeks only). But looks like there is no other option available.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryanna, I understand what you explained. I feel it is risky, applying for the VISA after travel and what if we do not get it approved within a short period of 3 weeks (planning to travel for 3 weeks only). But looks like there is no other option available.
There's no other way.

Her visitor record allows her to stay until September. She does not need a visa to leave Canada nor a visa to enter India. She would need the new TRV/visa when she wants to return to Canada in May (?).

You can apply online just before you leave in April by giving an India residence address. You can request for expedited processing (this, however, is at the discretion of the visa office) when you're in India.... and include copies of your return tickets, your wife's study permit, etc

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
This is information can be helpful for people who are in a similar situation like mine. I and my daughter is in Canada as a family member of an international student. Her permit and visa got expired on Jan 2019, we applied for extension and got the extension however I was finding it difficult to apply for her visitor VISA from within Canada so that we can plan for a short trip to our country.

Finally, I got my daughter's Visitor VISA approved and stamped in Canada. After I spoke with the CIC call center executive for couples of time, one executive suggested me to chose the country of residence other than Canada while running through the eligibility wizard, then it gives the right form to fill up. While filling up the form, I mentioned the country of residence as Canada. Submitted the application with other required documents and got the request for the passport in two weeks and got the passport stamped with VISA in the next two weeks.

Ketan Sitapara

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Surat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2017
This is information can be helpful for people who are in a similar situation like mine. I and my daughter is in Canada as a family member of an international student. Her permit and visa got expired on Jan 2019, we applied for extension and got the extension however I was finding it difficult to apply for her visitor VISA from within Canada so that we can plan for a short trip to our country.

Finally, I got my daughter's Visitor VISA approved and stamped in Canada. After I spoke with the CIC call center executive for couples of time, one executive suggested me to chose the country of residence other than Canada while running through the eligibility wizard, then it gives the right form to fill up. While filling up the form, I mentioned the country of residence as Canada. Submitted the application with other required documents and got the request for the passport in two weeks and got the passport stamped with VISA in the next two weeks.
Thank you very very much sir.
From past three days, I was struggling to let right forms but couldnt make it but one of your suggestion made it possible. Thank you

Reactions: anuragn2

rayya

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012

Hi sir I read ur post I m also in same position so I want to know about apply the trv from with in canada thanks for your response

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
Hi sir I read ur post I m also in same position so I want to know about apply the trv from with in canada thanks for your response
Hello Rayya, my situation was more related to Visitor's VISA than TRV. You mentioned you want apply for TRV from within Canada, I will be able to provide some suggestion if you can provide some more information about your situation.

rayya

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hello Rayya, my situation was more related to Visitor's VISA than TRV. You mentioned you want apply for TRV from within Canada, I will be able to provide some suggestion if you can provide some more information about your situation.
Actually my daughter have visitor record and her visited visa going to expire and we are on work parmit so I need visitor visa for her to travel. from within Canada thanks for ur reply

rayya

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Actually my daughter have visitor record and her visited visa going to expire and we are on work parmit so I need visitor visa for her to travel. from within Canada thanks for ur reply
Pls send or msg me ur contact no so l called u . I appreciate ur response

sandipgoswami

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019

I have the same situation as you. my daughter has a visitor record and I would like to apply TRV inside Canada. I have select other countries as you suggest to get the correct form but now in an online application, they are asking more documentation so can you please guide me do I have to upload all required documentation as they request.

cretien

Dec 13, 2014
Hello.
My son has a valid visitor record until 2022. His visitor visa is about to expire in December 2019. I want to apply for his visitor visa within Canada. In this way, reading the instructions in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html I see they only mention visitor visa application for study permit holder or work permit holder. Literally a visitor record is not a study permit nor work permit. However he got his visitor record sponsored by my work permit. With all this, will he qualify to obtain his visitor visa within Canada?. If yes, according to the instructions...

For the first question “What would you like to do in Canada?”, select
  • “Study” if you have a valid study permit or
  • “Work” if you have a valid work permit
Should I answer Study... based on that he is studying in primary school, or work based on my work permite?

I appreciate your suggestions...
Regards.