+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a Government Officer apply for Permanent Residence?

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Finally what you did? My wife is government officer (tourism office) and she selected that job as a government position, because i think is the way we should do it. I don't know about the NOC, but we went through OINP and never get a issue about her job.
I haven't yet finally decided how to go about it, as my case manager said hold it for a while and get over with rest of the documentation as I have till august to submits my application. I think I'll select government position and write an LOE with it. Some things are really vague, and one is this government position term.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't yet finally decided how to go about it, as my case manager said hold it for a while and get over with rest of the documentation as I have till august to submits my application. I think I'll select government position and write an LOE with it. Some things are really vague, and one is this government position term.
Yeah that is the best you can do. Good luck with it!

kashifshaikh

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
when u leave for Canada finally, the FIA officer will stop you at the airport and ask u for NOC from department to proceed abroad because a government officer can not go out of country without an NOC from the department and that NOC can be provided to you by your Head of the Department

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
when u leave for Canada finally, the FIA officer will stop you at the airport and ask u for NOC from department to proceed abroad because a government officer can not go out of country without an NOC from the department and that NOC can be provided to you by your Head of the Department
I'll definitely be applying for the noc before proceeding for abroad. I'll be taking an ex-Pakistan leave also. Thank you.

f4_furqan

Jun 4, 2017
I want to know one thing if you apply for immigration and your spouse is working in government sector like Army so how it would be possible to take her permanently? Is there any special procedure or requirement or any issue if get visa without informing to concerns? I need help to clear it. Because my all documents are ready and just going to give IELTS to achieve CRS score and settled Canada. Please advice and thanks in advance.

kashifshaikh

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I want to know one thing if you apply for immigration and your spouse is working in government sector like Army so how it would be possible to take her permanently? Is there any special procedure or requirement or any issue if get visa without informing to concerns? I need help to clear it. Because my all documents are ready and just going to give IELTS to achieve CRS score and settled Canada. Please advice and thanks in advance.
If you have all plans for settling in Canada than it's best that your wife resigns from the government office in the end
Or avail extra ordinary ex Pakistan leave if she can but that's only possible after 5 or 10 years of government service

shabi

Nov 23, 2016
As per my understanding the teachers of Public sector universities are not government employees... 1) they are governed by university syndicate and rules not by civil servant rules. 2) appointments are made by university not by PPSC or S&GAD. 3) the teachers of government college are govt employees because they are given specific employee code issued by HED whereas universities has their own pension system 4) increments of university teachers are approved by syndicate as they are not directly correlated to budget presented by the government.....6) i donot know from which university u are, but at Punjab university website it is written as " Punjab university is an autonomous institute under govt of the Punjab". there are many companies established by govt in recent past where CEO's are appointed by the govt and rest of the employees are paid as private employees and their own salary structure. Hence if we correlate this thing we can easily say that Public university teachers are not govt employees, cz their perks and benefits and every thing is done by their management. usually lecturers at University are considered as in BPS 18, whereas college lecturers are always in BPS 17, hence it is better not to write yourself as govt. employee.

f4_furqan

Jun 4, 2017
Thanks Kashif Bhai, but my concern is that if I take her without showing her status of government which is not mentioned on passport so any issue for this? Secondly if I informed before submitting passport after getting ITA to Canadian embassy about my wife Army status it will give any problem or they will issue visa?

Jincy joy

Jan 25, 2018
If CIC asks for N.o.c from your department and they don't give it. You can simply write to CIC explaining the same.

Usually they only require police certificates to make sure you don't have a criminal history. Just because you work for the Government of your home country does not make you ineligible for PR. There is a specific section that asks about Government Positions held for applicants like you. They may do additional checks and verification, but I don't think they have any reason to refuse your application unless there are some serious security related issues.

You may or may not have some trouble getting reference letters for the time you worked at the University(but that's a different matter all together).

dania12

Aug 6, 2014
Hi everybdy,
Query is my husband is at the stage of police check and He serve in Navy and written on his passport on profession as armed forces. Now the question is does he will get some difficulty in making police certificates in karachi. He is still not retired and dont have NOC... he is little concious abt may be police will refuse to make his certificate bcz he is government officer...give some suggestions plz

SayG

Nov 14, 2018
I am a Asst Prof. in a Central Government University in India. I want to initiate the process of PR through express entry in Canada. In case my application is successful and I get a PR, do I need to quit my Govt job to travel to Canada? Since there is no surety of getting a suitable job even with a PR, is there a way that I can keep my Govt job secure? Is there any leave facility that will allow me to travel to PR and yet keep my job secure? This is in case I choose to return back to India.

Sep 4, 2019
What happened to your case omer.. I am also trying to apply from gov org in pakistan.. need your inputs here