+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a canadian Citizen employ sibling to canada

Scheun1

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Asking for a friend. Can a sister who has a company employ in canada employ her relative? Is it possible? Can the person file WP application outside canada, note the person received nomination in Alberta RRS already, after proving no Canadian or PR applied for the job, advertising was placed for 3 months

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Asking for a friend. Can a sister who has a company employ in canada employ her relative? Is it possible? Can the person file WP application outside canada, note the person received nomination in Alberta RRS already, after proving no Canadian or PR applied for the job, advertising was placed for 3 months
Unless she proves she is unable to find a canadian who can fill that position, yes and the person will get LMIA, not open work permit

Scheun1

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Yes, I understand that clause, but I still I need clarification on a path way that is LIMA exempt work. can a family who is a CEO in Canada employ her cousin to work with her in one of the rural designated area for RRS?

i understand that before an employer can hire foreign workers, he must have satisfied that he cannot see a Canadian or PR who applied or can do the job (LMIA) then he can proceed to hire foreign workers if he can demonstrate that.

Now, for RRS, we are exempted from LMIA, yet the employer still demonstrated that he cant get a PR nor a Canadian to do the job before given a foreign applicant endorsement letter.

If applicant applied to the RRS with the job position from her cousin who is a ceo and got nomination, can the person applied for wp and PR?