+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling each other 2-3 times a week

ser5600

Jul 3, 2016
For proof of communication I only have two things available: texts and calls. We don't use FB or Skype.

My wife and I text each other daily, but we call each other only 2-3 times a week. Should I include the call log or will it be a red flag to the visa officer that we don't call each other more often? I don't know what to do...

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
You can include the call log it should be fine, the visa officer isn't expecting you to be on the phone with your significant other 24/7. I looked at all my conversations and call logs and took a few from each month since we met and sent them.

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
ser5600 said:
For proof of communication I only have two things available: texts and calls. We don't use FB or Skype.

My wife and I text each other daily, but we call each other only 2-3 times a week. Should I include the call log or will it be a red flag to the visa officer that we don't call each other more often? I don't know what to do...
Get GCMS notes if u are tense. those notes tells u red flags

ser5600

Jul 3, 2016
chhapa said:
Get GCMS notes if u are tense. those notes tells u red flags
Our file is still waiting to be reviewed by NDVO, but I'm pretty sure we don't have any red flags so far. I was just wondering whether calling 2-3 times a week itself is a red flag... wanted everyone else's opinion on whether 2-3 times a week is enough for a visa officer.

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
ser5600 said:
Our file is still waiting to be reviewed by NDVO, but I'm pretty sure we don't have any red flags so far. I was just wondering whether calling 2-3 times a week itself is a red flag... wanted everyone else's opinion on whether 2-3 times a week is enough for a visa officer.
there is training manual of the VO
if you can dig that u will get correct information.
once someone posted the link of training manual of VO in 2016 thread

ser5600

Jul 3, 2016
chhapa said:
there is training manual of the VO
if you can dig that u will get correct information.
once someone posted the link of training manual of VO in 2016 thread
There is a right and wrong answer to how many calls a husband and wife should make ???? I don't want to know about other red flags, I'm just asking about the number of calls, that's it.

Can I ask how many calls you guys make to your spouses in a week? More than 2-3 times?

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
ser5600 said:
There is a right and wrong answer to how many calls a husband and wife should make ???? I don't want to know about other red flags, I'm just asking about the number of calls, that's it.

Can I ask how many calls you guys make to your spouses in a week? More than 2-3 times?
its non-countable in my case. I wrote in my application 2-3 times a week. but....after marriage ur spouse keep calling you..lol

ser5600

Jul 3, 2016
Linus0 said:
You can include the call log it should be fine, the visa officer isn't expecting you to be on the phone with your significant other 24/7. I looked at all my conversations and call logs and took a few from each month since we met and sent them.
Because I wasn't sure whether the call log would be enough, I included our text log as well that shows us communicating daily. The only problem is that even after trying to minimize it, the text log ended up being over 100 pages. I hope they keep it in my file instead of simply shredding the whole thing away...

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
ser5600 said:
Because I wasn't sure whether the call log would be enough, I included our text log as well that shows us communicating daily. The only problem is that even after trying to minimize it, the text log ended up being over 100 pages. I hope they keep it in my file instead of simply shredding the whole thing away...
in my case, text logs were 300 pages. I selected one page for each day and submitted 54 pages

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
ser5600 said:

There is no right or wrong answer. Including the call log is better than not including at all.

Personally, my wife and I call at least 2-3 times a day, everyday. We talk on the phone for about 2 hours or more daily, but when I sent additional proof to my VO for ongoing communication, we only included screenshots of a few whatsapp calls per week.

ser5600

Jul 3, 2016
ImABule said:
There is no right or wrong answer. Including the call log is better than not including at all.

Personally, my wife and I call at least 2-3 times a day, everyday. We talk on the phone for about 2 hours or more daily, but when I sent additional proof to my VO for ongoing communication, we only included screenshots of a few whatsapp calls per week.
Well, my wife and I text each other for about 3 hours daily, which is the main reason we don't call as often. I included a 100 page text log as well that contained a few texts from each day, but I guess my main concern here is that I'm worried they'll simply shred the whole thing without even looking at it because of how long it is. If they want to shred it, fine, but at least keep half of it for the visa officer to see. I don't want them to look at just the call log whilst ignoring the texts.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
ser5600 said:
Well, my wife and I text each other for about 3 hours daily, which is the main reason we don't call as often. I included a 100 page text log as well that contained a few texts from each day, but I guess my main concern here is that I'm worried they'll simply shred the whole thing without even looking at it because of how long it is. If they want to shred it, fine, but at least keep half of it for the visa officer to see.
We text every day as well and when we can't call.

It doesn't matter if they shred it.. It will be noted in
GCMS that excessive chats were shredded. The VO will then know there is a lot of contact between spouses.

2-3 times a week shouldn't be an issue if there is a large time zone difference. But if it's same time zone or only couple hours difference they might, and key word might, wonder why there isn't more calls IMO.

My wife and I have 11-12 hr difference depending on time of year because of day light savings time and I work 2 jobs and between 65-80 hours a week and we still manage to talk for couple hours daily over the phone.

ser5600

Jul 3, 2016
ImABule said:
We text every day as well and when we can't call.

It doesn't matter if they shred it.. It will be noted in
GCMS that excessive chats were shredded. The VO will then know there is a lot of contact between spouses.

2-3 times a week shouldn't be an issue if there is a large time zone difference. But if it's same time zone or only couple hours difference they might, and key word might, wonder why there isn't more calls IMO.

My wife and I have 11-12 hr difference depending on time of year because of day light savings time and I work 2 jobs and between 65-80 hours a week and we still manage to talk for couple hours daily over the phone.
For us there's about a 9 to 10 hour difference depending on DST, plus I too have a full time job. I hope they will understand.

In the end, all I really want is for them to simply ask us if they have any questions/concerns instead of sending our case off to another visa officer for further review or scheduling an interview, thereby delaying things even more. There's a legit reason for everything. Some people may wonder why we prefer to text. Well, it's because we're always within earshot of other people and we don't want others to listen in on our conversations. It's because my wife's internet is bad and we always end up getting disconnected several times each time we call, and being forcefully disconnected like that over and over again just reminds us of the distance between us which we'd rather not think of. It's because texting lets us talk to each other while we're doing other things, similar to how every casual conversation goes. There's reasons for everything. They just need to ask.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
ser5600 said:
For us there's about a 9 to 10 hour difference depending on DST, plus I too have a full time job. I hope they will understand.

In the end, all I really want is for them to simply ask us if they have any questions/concerns instead of sending our case off to another visa officer for further review or scheduling an interview, thereby delaying things even more. There's a legit reason for everything. Some people may wonder why we prefer to text. Well, it's because we're always within earshot of other people and we don't want others to listen in on our conversations. It's because my wife's internet is bad and we always end up getting disconnected several times each time we call, and being forcefully disconnected like that over and over again just reminds us of the distance between us which we'd rather not think of. It's because texting lets us talk to each other while we're doing other things, similar to how every casual conversation goes. There's reasons for everything. They just need to ask.
I agree, always a reason for everything.

Which one will be your VO?

I know all about crappy internet connections lol, my wife lives in a village in Indonesia lol.

We find whatsapp works best for calling, and messenger opposed to skype for video call.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
ser5600 said:

Definitely include both. Phoning each other 2 or 3 times a week is a normal amount. You have to show proof of communication; with only texts, the visa officer might be suspicious. Texts and phone calls seems more normal.