+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Calgary VO 2022 eCOPR Timeline <<<<<<<< <<<<

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
I’m done with people complaining about it and multiple posts each day asking if people got it. I’m of the mindset positive mindset gets positive results.

As explained a page or two prior, they slowed down/nearly stopped issuing eCOPR’s in late 2022 that there is now a backlog that they’re working through. Would you have preferred to have received the portal invite a month or two from now when the backlog was potentially cleared?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: aaron_matthew

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
This is the height of incompetency from Calgary VO. They are just playing with people's life now. After PR approval many people have plans to visit back home, some have dependent who would need primary applicant landing completed to come to Canada. I just don't understand why do they create this system of eCoPR if are not able to manage it. Before eCoPR people can just go to the border and can get their work done and not depend on these people. All this is so frustrating.
The beginning of your comment is absurd. I would hate to be an employee of Calgary VO, viewing this forum and seeing someone calling out their workplace as incompetent individuals with NO UNDERSTANDING of what their jobs entails, the work pressures they have and the volume of files they are reviewing/processing. These are humans on the other end and I’m sure it’s not their choice. It’s the system and processes they’re working in, which the government is working on to modernize, but it’s clearly not there yet.

While I sympathize with the situation everyone is in, we all knew getting into the application process that it was long and not going to be quick. The website provides the estimated processing time for your stream, if you’re still well within that timeframe and are at end stage, you’re already winning.

Reactions: jayantsingh

akchal

Jan 17, 2023
The beginning of your comment is absurd. I would hate to be an employee of Calgary VO, viewing this forum and seeing someone calling out their workplace as incompetent individuals with NO UNDERSTANDING of what their jobs entails, the work pressures they have and the volume of files they are reviewing/processing. These are humans on the other end and I’m sure it’s not their choice. It’s the system and processes they’re working in, which the government is working on to modernize, but it’s clearly not there yet.

While I sympathize with the situation everyone is in, we all knew getting into the application process that it was long and not going to be quick. The website provides the estimated processing time for your stream, if you’re still well within that timeframe and are at end stage, you’re already winning.
I was just venting out my frustration and deleted my comment. I do get your point but we deserve more clear communication from them. Always getting auto generated replies and no one picking up the phone can not be consider acceptable service standard. Trying to be hopeful since last month and I do hope everyone gets their eCoPRs soon and no one has to wait for months for a PDF.

Mihir_Gajjar

Jan 9, 2023
Any updates on eCOPR from Calgary visa office in the past few days? Got pr approval on 22 dec, uploaded photo and address on 9th Jan, still waiting for eCOPR. CEC EE

• Angry
Reactions: aaron_matthew

aaron_matthew

Jan 6, 2023
We've all been excitedly awaiting updates, which is why we've come together in this group. A suggestion though, instead of inquiring impatiently about updates, perhaps we could take a moment to review the previous comments and posts from those who have received their good news. This would not only assist in answering questions, but also save time for everyone.

AniaBania

Jan 5, 2023
I just do not understand how it works.
All of this is super interesting, my friend (we have almost everything same, event he lawyer) got his email December 23rd - replied the same day, got the email with password January 5th, got his ecopr January 10th and today he got his physical card.
And I am here, waiting since December 2st for ecopr.
And yes, it is frustrating. Our lives are on hold.

Reactions: Mihir_Gajjar

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
I just do not understand how it works.
All of this is super interesting, my friend (we have almost everything same, event he lawyer) got his email December 23rd - replied the same day, got the email with password January 5th, got his ecopr January 10th and today he got his physical card.
And I am here, waiting since December 2st for ecopr.
And yes, it is frustrating. Our lives are on hold.
what stream are you in, and what were they in? Different PR streams have different timelines and priorities.