+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Calgary VO 2022 eCOPR Timeline <<<<<<<< <<<<

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hi Everyone, I have an Important Question.
I am waiting on eCoPR since 27th December and my work permit expires on 16th January (IN 3 DAYS). Do I need to apply for BOWP in this case if I already received the portal credential (& email confirming PR which is not exactly eCoPR) so we won't need BOWP? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mine timeline is as follows:
PR Confirmation e-mail & asking for more info - Dec 15th, 2022 (I replied the same day.)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Dec 22nd, 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Dec 27th, 2022
eCoPR generation date - Pending
PR Cards received - Pending

• Wow
Reactions: aaron_matthew

danielsantosk

Jan 9, 2023
I am waiting on eCoPR since 27th December and my work permit expires on 16th January (IN 3 DAYS). Do I need to apply for BOWP in this case if I already received the portal credential (& email confirming PR which is not exactly eCoPR) so we won't need BOWP? Any suggestions are appreciated.

PR Confirmation e-mail & asking for more info - Dec 15th, 2022 (I replied the same day.)
Your case kinda sits in a grey area. I tried doing a quick search about it but got nothing. Did you try emailing Calgary VO? Maybe try that and hope for someone to reply. And let us know how it went.

Harsh93

Jan 12, 2023
PR Confirmation e-mail & asking for more info - Dec 15th, 2022 (I replied same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Dec 28th 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - 28th Dec 2022
VO - Calgary
I am inside Canada and my work permit is going to expire on 12th Feb 2023 and I don't know if I should apply for a new one or if I should wait for the eCoPR and don't apply for it. Please someone reply and help me.
Have you talked to any immigration lawyer by any chance?

Hiranjw

Nov 23, 2022
PR Confirmation e-mail & asking for more info - Dec 15th, 2022 (I replied same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Dec 28th 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - 28th Dec 2022
VO - Calgary

MudMoverGeorge

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022

To play it safe, maybe it's better to apply the BOWP now and then request a cancellation and get refund, once you get the eCoPR.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
Thanks, everyone for your suggestions! I have applied for BOWP Today.
I have also sent an email inquiring to the Calgary office and also online form submission inquiring about the status & timeline. I will share if I hear back from them in a meantime.
Hope everything works out for you!

when you emailed the calgary office- what email address did you use? the portal one? I've been waiting to hear back from them after sending an email for nearly a week now.

Reactions: radhika98

Harsh93

Jan 12, 2023
Thanks, everyone for your suggestions! I have applied for BOWP Today.
I have also sent an email inquiring to the Calgary office and also online form submission inquiring about the status & timeline. I will share if I hear back from them in a meantime.
Hey did you get any acknowledgement for the submitted application?

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hey did you get any acknowledgement for the submitted application?
Yes, I got one message right after submitting bowp application and a second message after a few hours confirming the acknowledgment of the submitted application. Do you know how long it will take to get that extension of 120 days while bowp will be being processed?

aaron_matthew

Jan 6, 2023
Yes, I got one message right after submitting bowp application and a second message after a few hours confirming the acknowledgment of the submitted application. Do you know how long it will take to get that extension of 120 days while bowp will be being processed?
I think you’re now in maintained or implied status… meaning your current work visa is still valid until you hear back about the OWP or PR acceptance. It’s the safety net for exactly this situation. Can someone else confirm, but I’m pretty sure you in a safe spot until eCoPR. The email recipient back and it being dated is important.

Harsh93

Jan 12, 2023
Not really sure of the 120 days extension but now that you have applied and got the acknowledgment you should be able to show that to your employer if they ask and continue working until the final decision is made. Processing time seems to be around 168 days if I’m not wrong. Anyway you will receive your PR before that.

Reactions: radhika98

danielsantosk

Jan 9, 2023
Not really sure of the 120 days extension but now that you have applied and got the acknowledgment you should be able to show that to your employer if they ask and continue working until the final decision is made. Processing time seems to be around 168 days if I’m not wrong. Anyway you will receive your PR before that.
I applied for the BOWP in July, before my work permit expired. They never touched my application. My PR is now approved, waiting for eCOPR and my BOWP application remains with a Submitted status. I'm not gonna withdraw it until my eCOPR comes just to keep my maintained status. We must always play it safe.