+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary Visa office applicants

olayemo

Star Member
Nov 7, 2022
What a bummer! But I have a feeling that you're going to see some movement in your file soon.
I hope so. I stopped looking when I saw that a family friend here in Calgary took their test in September (2 months ago), and they are already citizens. It saddens...

Reactions: Calgary222

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I hope so. I stopped looking when I saw that a family friend here in Calgary took their test in September (2 months ago), and they are already citizens. It saddens...
There is a huge discrepancy in the way they process applications, seems like the earlier applications have been ghosted and forgotten.
I really hope we hear something this week, fingers crossed.

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Reviving this! Nothing from my end. I am officially over 17 months and a few days and again it means nothing. I have a feeling my application will be done in 2024. So many holidays coming. Sad!

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Reviving this! Nothing from my end. I am officially over 17 months and a few days and again it means nothing. I have a feeling my application will be done in 2024. So many holidays coming. Sad!
It is so frustating. Give them a call saying that you passed 17 months and to pass on the message to your case processing officer. Keep doing that until you reach an agent who is understanding.
Last time I called, the agent was whispering over the phone, I think she was working remotely and her kids were asleep, she was rushing to get off the phone and I could barely hear her!

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
I sent the webform this morning and coincidentally the notice of appear for the interview sent 2 hours later. It is from Winnipeg office instead of Vancouver. The scheduling is Dec 11. It is very long wait lol. Do you know what it is about so I can prepare? I know that I used time pre PR to qualify and that is probably the trigger for the interview.

It is so frustating. Give them a call saying that you passed 17 months and to pass on the message to your case processing officer. Keep doing that until you reach an agent who is understanding.
Last time I called, the agent was whispering over the phone, I think she was working remotely and her kids were asleep, she was rushing to get off the phone and I could barely hear her!

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I sent the webform this morning and coincidentally the notice of appear for the interview sent 2 hours later. It is from Winnipeg office instead of Vancouver. The scheduling is Dec 11. It is very long wait lol. Do you know what it is about so I can prepare? I know that I used time pre PR to qualify and that is probably the trigger for the interview.
Hey that's great news. I believe you said last time that you were not in Canada, maybe that's what triggered the interview. They may ask what you do, if you are able to come to Canada for your oath if you're not already in Canada and just general stuff.
Keep your PR card, Passport and stuff you provided with your initial application handy in case they ask about it.
Once it's done, you should get your LPP completed.

Last edited:

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Yes I feel a bit relieved. Yes that is probably the reason and they asked to scan my passports for all pages. Thank you for sharing and I will let you know how it goes. Exactly one year from the test to the interview. From interview to LLP completed and oath. What would be the time frame? I don't think they will process fast enough by the end of year due to all holidays coming.

Hey that's great news. I believe you said last time that you were not in Canada, maybe that's what triggered the interview. They may ask what you do, if you are able to come to Canada for your oath if you're not already in Canada and just general stuff.
Keep your PR card, Passport and stuff you provided with your initial application handy in case they ask about it.
Once it's done, you should get your LPP completed.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Yes I feel a bit relieved. Yes that is probably the reason and they asked to scan my passports for all pages. Thank you for sharing and I will let you know how it goes. Exactly one year from the test to the interview. From interview to LLP completed and oath. What would be the time frame? I don't think they will process fast enough by the end of year due to all holidays coming.
They normally ask for scanned copies of passports again when you apply online. With IRCC, it's hard to predict anything but if all goes well it shouldn't take longer than a month or two for you to get your LPP completed along with your oath but some officers are strict and will wait until you return if you're not back yet to schedule you for oath. Keep us updated.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
@olayemo
Hey since we are still waiting, thought I ask what it says next to the 'Location' and 'Paper File office' of your notes. Also under 'Application Assignment' was it assigned or blank?
Mine just says Sydney and the rest are blank with a Jan 8 due date.

olayemo

Star Member
Nov 7, 2022
@olayemo
Hey since we are still waiting, thought I ask what it says next to the 'Location' and 'Paper File office' of your notes. Also under 'Application Assignment' was it assigned or blank?
Mine just says Sydney and the rest are blank with a Jan 8 due date.
Hi. The Paper file office shows CPC Sydney, nothing under the Application Assignment. I was told earlier by an agent that the due date has been removed after it was passed.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hi. The Paper file office shows CPC Sydney, nothing under the Application Assignment. I was told earlier by an agent that the due date has been removed after it was passed.
Same boat. I ordered my third set of notes on the 22nd, and this time I paid $5 fee for it.
Hope they just complete the LPP before they email me the notes.
I am like so fed up with them.
Hopefully you should hear something soon since you have waited so long and your LPP has passed the due date. Maybe order notes again?

Last edited:
Reactions: canada2025