+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary people, which passport office do you recommend for urgent application?

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
I’m a bit anxious and I keep reading stories about how slow they are. I have my oath on the January 4th and flight at the end of January. How can I make this work? Thank you!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m a bit anxious and I keep reading stories about how slow they are. I have my oath on the January 4th and flight at the end of January. How can I make this work? Thank you!!
IMO your issue is not the passport. It's the citizenship certificate. You need the citizenship certificate to apply for the passport and it may take longer than the end of January to receive the citizenship certificate after your oath.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Hey, were you able to get your passport? I had my oath on Dec 14 and just got my certificate today. Hoping to request an urgent passport to make a flight I have on Saturday. I think they only do that at the Harry Hays building, but I'm not too sure.

Reactions: Strawberry91

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Hey, were you able to get your passport? I had my oath on Dec 14 and just got my certificate today. Hoping to request an urgent passport to make a flight I have on Saturday. I think they only do that at the Harry Hays building, but I'm not too sure.
Hey congratulations again!!! Did you make it to your flight? Endless waiting game it’s driving me insane!!! Do you recommend getting an appointment? My flight is on the Feb 20th but considering how reckless and careless they are, should I get appointment right now before even getting my certificate?

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
Hey congratulations again!!! Did you make it to your flight? Endless waiting game it’s driving me insane!!! Do you recommend getting an appointment? My flight is on the Feb 20th but considering how reckless and careless they are, should I get appointment right now before even getting my certificate?
Hey there, urgent processing lets you pick up your passport the next business day, so you have lots of time if you go that way. It is more expensive, but I think it's worth the peace of mind! You can only make an appointment if you need a passport in the next 3 days, so if you try to make it before you receive your certificate, you may not have your certificate yet by the time you are scheduled. My recommendation would be to wait to receive your certificate and then make an appointment. Good luck!

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Hey there, urgent processing lets you pick up your passport the next business day, so you have lots of time if you go that way. It is more expensive, but I think it's worth the peace of mind! You can only make an appointment if you need a passport in the next 3 days, so if you try to make it before you receive your certificate, you may not have your certificate yet by the time you are scheduled. My recommendation would be to wait to receive your certificate and then make an appointment. Good luck!
Hey I responded you in the other thread but congratulations again! I’m so paranoid about some parts of the passport application. Like the birthplace, my birthplace in the landing paper is the town I was born in, but in the passport application it asks for the CITY, so I’m wondering should I keep the things the same as the landing paper or change? Also type of ID document, did you write “DL” or “Driving License”. And there are some questions like asking for “Other surnames” etc which I don’t have, can you leave those blank or should you write N/A for each? And in Calgary you went to the Harry Hay’s building right? Thank you!!!!!!

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
Hey I responded you in the other thread but congratulations again! I’m so paranoid about some parts of the passport application. Like the birthplace, my birthplace in the landing paper is the town I was born in, but in the passport application it asks for the CITY, so I’m wondering should I keep the things the same as the landing paper or change? Also type of ID document, did you write “DL” or “Driving License”. And there are some questions like asking for “Other surnames” etc which I don’t have, can you leave those blank or should you write N/A for each? And in Calgary you went to the Harry Hay’s building right? Thank you!!!!!!
I was in the same boat as you, and I changed it to the city. For type of document, I typed "driver's licence" (I filled it out electronically). For other surnames, I did write N/A. And yes, I went to the Harry Hays building. They run like a well-oiled machine!

• Love

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
I was in the same boat as you, and I changed it to the city. For type of document, I typed "driver's licence" (I filled it out electronically). For other surnames, I did write N/A. And yes, I went to the Harry Hays building. They run like a well-oiled machine!
Hey! So was yours also written as the small town name in the landing paper? And thank you so much for your answers!! They gave me appointment for the February 14th. And I’m flying February 22nd. I may have to apply the urgent one. It’s crazy appointments were fully booked for two weeks straight.