+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary office - Oath timeline

YYCguy2017

Aug 30, 2017
Hi, new to the forum here. Just wondering if anyone in Calgary share a similar timeline and would be able to answer my question.

Application received: May 1, 2017
Started process: June 12
Test written: Aug 17
DM: Aug 30.

Would anyone here have any idea on whether there is a good chance that my oath ceremony would be scheduled for the next 2 weeks?

Thanks! This forum is very informative and I thank you all for your contributions.

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi, new to the forum here. Just wondering if anyone in Calgary share a similar timeline and would be able to answer my question.

Would anyone here have any idea on whether there is a good chance that my oath ceremony would be scheduled for the next 2 weeks?

Thanks! This forum is very informative and I thank you all for your contributions.
Be thankful you were a May applicant... February applicant timelines look nothing like that at all !

My timeline:
App Received -February 15
Started Processing - February 23
Test/Interview: July 18
DM: July 27
Oath Invite: ...... Still waiting

There are some Calgary peeps who have posted that they sat the test after me and also had their status updated to DM AFTER my dates ... and HAVE already received oath dates already, so it seems to be a crap shoot.

Good Luck!... But I would guess that all invites for the ceremonies in the next two weeks (even possibly until the end of Sept) have already been sent. I have no basis for this assumption, I just don't think CIC work on such a speedy/short timeline.

Reactions: Meldaour

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017

You are luck you got your DM already, My test was on Aug 15th and I am still waiting on DM..

YYCguy2017

Aug 30, 2017
Be thankful you were a May applicant... February applicant timelines look nothing like that at all !

My timeline:
App Received -February 15
Started Processing - February 23
Test/Interview: July 18
DM: July 27
Oath Invite: ...... Still waiting

There are some Calgary peeps who have posted that they sat the test after me and also had their status updated to DM AFTER my dates ... and HAVE already received oath dates already, so it seems to be a crap shoot.

Good Luck!... But I would guess that all invites for the ceremonies in the next two weeks (even possibly until the end of Sept) have already been sent. I have no basis for this assumption, I just don't think CIC work on such a speedy/short timeline.

Appreciate the quick reply. It does seem logical that the invites to any ceremonies in the next 2 weeks would already have been sent out. Really just hoping to get this all done and completed before travelling at the end of September but not a huge deal as I can always travel with my current passport.

I hope things speed up for you. I seem to see a lot of longer timelines among Feb-March applications. Doesn't seem to make any sense.

YYCguy2017

Aug 30, 2017
You are luck you got your DM already, My test was on Aug 15th and I am still waiting on DM..

On reading some of the entries here and on similar threads I am led to believe that there is a security check that happens between passing the test and a DM. If this is so, the only explanation I could offer as to why mine may have been completed sooner is that I hold a Nexus membership. Again, purely speculation on my part.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Hi all, this is timeline for an older couple 65+ who I helped in applying for Citizenship.

Today I saw their status changed to Decision Made... What is next?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 7, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 9, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 29, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 11, 2017 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

sajc

Star Member
May 9, 2017
On reading some of the entries here and on similar threads I am led to believe that there is a security check that happens between passing the test and a DM. If this is so, the only explanation I could offer as to why mine may have been completed sooner is that I hold a Nexus membership. Again, purely speculation on my part.
Usually test invites are sent out if everything else is done and they are just waiting for security clearance. Depending on name, DOB ,place of birth and the amount of travel it may take a while. They will give you a DM only when they get a yes from Security. DM to oath is basically how many people are there before you and how many ceremonies...I think I saw someone mentioned sept ending as their oath..so I am assuming you will get it in October sometime.

YYCguy2017

Aug 30, 2017
Usually test invites are sent out if everything else is done and they are just waiting for security clearance. Depending on name, DOB ,place of birth and the amount of travel it may take a while. They will give you a DM only when they get a yes from Security. DM to oath is basically how many people are there before you and how many ceremonies...I think I saw someone mentioned sept ending as their oath..so I am assuming you will get it in October sometime.
It now makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you for the insight!

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi all, this is timeline for an older couple 65+ who I helped in applying for Citizenship.

Today I saw their status changed to Decision Made... What is next?

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 27, 2017.
    • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 7, 2017.
    • We started processing your application on March 9, 2017.
    • We sent you a notice on March 29, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 11, 2017 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
You wait... until line #5 appears telling you they have sent out an invitation for the oath ceremony.

This timeline varies from people being given oath letters at the end of the test/interview, to many months left in DM limbo.

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Yup. You are exactly right. And your Nexus may have helped.

At my test interview, the agent told me my application was completed, looked good and they were just waiting for a final security clearance. 10 days later I went to DM... at which point I assume all clearances are passed.

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
The DM to oath timeline is the only that I somewhat disagree with you on.

I have been DM since July and am still waiting for an oath invite... yet there are other applicants who received DM's in August who have already received oath invites.... so even with this, as with everything else in this process, it doesn't appear to be a first come first served timeline either.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
You wait... until line #5 appears telling you they have sent out an invitation for the oath ceremony.

This timeline varies from people being given oath letters at the end of the test/interview, to many months left in DM limbo.

Thank you! I have a good news to share that we got the date of October 6th for Oath Ceremony... Please check your application status, I think a lot of you may have an update waiting! :)

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Thank you! I have a good news to share that we got the date of October 6th for Oath Ceremony... Please check your application status, I think a lot of you may have an update waiting! :)
Congrats!

And there you were getting me all excited.... still no oath invite for me and I've had my DM status since July. :(

YYCguy2017

Aug 30, 2017

congratulations! I also got my invite to take the oath in 3 weeks.