+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary office - Oath timeline

Meldaour

Jul 7, 2017
Calgary
Hi everyone,

Me and my wife passed the test on June 6 ( one month ago today) my wife got DM the next day but my case as well as my kids are still IP... I called cic they told me every thing is ok but your security check is not cleared yet... does anyone has the same case...is there a time frame for security check...is that normal please share your experiences

My ecas shows as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 10, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 11, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Meldaour

Jul 7, 2017
Calgary
Calgary applicants waiting for the oath letter. Please share your time waiting between test date and oath letter received date.

Oath letter is taking for ever in my case... please share your experiences/ timelines

Thanks U and good luck to all,

M

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Here's my timeline. Test passed... and now waiting.

If you take a look at March applications for Calgary... they have moved A LOT quicker than our poor forgotten February box of applications - there are folks with oath dates already!

You even appear to have moved a little more quickly than me for certain steps. As our applications were received on the same day.. it's pretty interesting to see the difference in our timelines!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 15, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 22, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on June 7, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 18, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

*tick, tock....

Reactions: Meldaour

Meldaour

Jul 7, 2017
Calgary

If you take a look at March applications for Calgary... they have moved A LOT quicker than our poor forgotten February box of applications - there are folks with oath dates already!

You even appear to have moved a little more quickly than me for certain steps. As our applications were received on the same day.. it's pretty interesting to see the difference in our timelines!
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 22, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on June 7, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 18, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

*tick, tock....
Hi Layla_,

Thank you for your reply. iIt looks like they received our applications on the same day. Your AOR and IP status were much faster than mine yet my test invite came sooner that yours. its really mind boggling, there no pattern what so ever that one could guestimate when things are going to happen.

In your opinion are we actually delayed or are we just obsessed and paranoid about getting this process done. In other words, is our time line normal compared to other cases or is it abnormally slow?

what are your thoughts?

Thank you,
M.

Meldaour

Jul 7, 2017
Calgary

*tick, tock....

It looks like its only me and you that applied to Calgary office that are on this blog...

Any body else out there applied / took the test in Calgary that can share their time lines????

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi Layla_,

Thank you for your reply. iIt looks like they received our applications on the same day. Your AOR and IP status were much faster than mine yet my test invite came sooner that yours. its really mind boggling, there no pattern what so ever that one could guestimate when things are going to happen.

In your opinion are we actually delayed or are we just obsessed and paranoid about getting this process done. In other words, is our time line normal compared to other cases or is it abnormally slow?

what are your thoughts?

Thank you,
M.
It's crazy isn't it! Definitely no rhyme or reason to it. Basically a crap shoot depending on whose desk your file falls on and how many coffee breaks they take! ;)

I think it's a little of column A and a little of Column B. When you look at the spreadsheet timelines for March Calgary applicants already have their oath dates, DM etc and their overall timelines getting to those points are MUCH faster. Their files were moving whilst ours appeared stagnant. Same as April applicants.. much speedier timelines overall. December and January applicants seem to be on par with the March and April timelines... it just seems that for some reason, February seemed to stall somewhere along the line. It's like they were getting to the February files, and then the March ones came in and were put on top of the pile rather than at the bottom of the pile. Ha!

As I said in another thread.... I was blissfully happy at the progress of my application UNTIL I found this board. I thought it was chugging along nicely until I stumbled on to the spreadsheet.... Hahaha. So definitely a whole lot of Column B as well!

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
It looks like its only me and you that applied to Calgary office that are on this blog...

Any body else out there applied / took the test in Calgary that can share their time lines????
There's a few others in Feb and in the other months too... but not too many of us that's for sure.

Elka

May 11, 2017
Hi.I am from Calgary too.Here is my time line
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 6, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 9, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on June 13, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 27, 2017 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Reactions: layla_ and Meldaour

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Just did my regular morning check in online... and I was greeted with a DM! :)

Trying not to get too excited... but fingers crossed, the DM is a good one - haha! ... but in seriousness, that the oath letter doesn't take many months like some.

Meldaour

Jul 7, 2017
Calgary
Just did my regular morning check in online... and I was greeted with a DM! :)

Trying not to get too excited... but fingers crossed, the DM is a good one - haha! ... but in seriousness, that the oath letter doesn't take many months like some.[/QUOTE

Congrats
Wish your oath letter does not take long.

M.

Reactions: layla_

yowza

Jul 26, 2017
Don't rely on the spreadsheet as it is not updated quickly and regularly. The moderator is on vacation I guess.

I think the timing has something to do with Type (Single vs Family). Thoughts?

Here is mine:

App Type: Single
Applied: Apr 5
App rec: Apr 11
AOR: May 1
In Process: May 9
Test Invite: May 25
Test date : Jun 22
Decision Made: Jun 29
Oath Letter Date: ASAP

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Don't rely on the spreadsheet as it is not updated quickly and regularly. The moderator is on vacation I guess.

Here is mine:

Single applicant here. Over 2100 physical presence days. And no reason for any issues. Straight forward as straight forward comes..... Depends on the desk and the pile it falls on me thinks.

March and April Calgary applicants timelines have moved MUCH faster than February's for some reason.
My file started processing Feb 23rd .... then nothing until test invite in June. Test date was July 18th. Now compare that to your timeline... it doesn't make sense. It's a crap shoot.

Hope you get your letter soon!

Meldaour

Jul 7, 2017
Calgary

Here is mine:

We are a family application my wife got DM next day after the test I am still IP. My timeline is in my signature below.

studentsinpsk

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
September 2011