+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary Applicant Oct-2017

varun1253

May 9, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have been a silent reader of this forum. I'm happy to share my timelines with you guys which will be helpful for all the friends here waiting for oath invitation/ceremony.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 28, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 4, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on March 28, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 2, 2018 at 8:01 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
- Status changed to Decision made on May 29,2018.
- I have got the oath invitation today(June 6,2018) at 11:26 am to attend the ceremony on August 3rd, at 10:30 am in Calgary(Hary Hays Building)
Wishing everyone a good luck and hope you will hear the test/Oath invite soon.

Thanks for each and everyone for posting your experiences.

Reactions: edmonds

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Does anyone knows an app that can notify you via email if the application status has changed? I’m so tired of checking the status everyday

varun1253

May 9, 2014
Congratulation why DM took all of that time? did you got clearance check! Thx
Not sure, I didn't travel much during my 3 yrs of stay. I was literally checking the status everyday.
I have called the call center once and they have told me, I'm in processing time so they have asked me to wait.

Grande Prairie 2011

Apr 10, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Originally=Buffalo, Then transfered to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
Doc's Request.
Latest Doc's Request Nov-2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application Mar-2011
File Transfer...
(not sure when)
Med's Request
July-2013
Med's Done....
July-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-April-2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
2 months since we passed our test (April 9th , Calgary) and nothings new on eCas, email nor mail, !!
Do anyone from Calgary passed her/his test prior April and still facing the same stuck?
Let me know your timing and expernice, Please... should I contact CIC and check?

Grande Prairie 2011

Apr 10, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Originally=Buffalo, Then transfered to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
Doc's Request.
Latest Doc's Request Nov-2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application Mar-2011
File Transfer...
(not sure when)
Med's Request
July-2013
Med's Done....
July-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-April-2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
I know that feeling even I have less time than others
It's frustrating I done the test&interview on 23 May until now no DM yet, I was told by the officer there's a background check global one in processing with no time frame, Now I need to travel on August, I was told as well if there's a plan to travel by July let us know, I don't know why they don't start this kind of background early??? btw I did also FP before the test which delay the application at least 2-3 months!!!
Good luck everyone.
Yeah, me to I've done my PF ~ Jan/Feb and this delayed us ~ a month further, seems our files with the officer ;(

kash_01

Apr 10, 2018
2 months since we passed our test (April 9th , Calgary) and nothings new on eCas, email nor mail, !!
Do anyone from Calgary passed her/his test prior April and still facing the same stuck?
Let me know your timing and expernice, Please... should I contact CIC and check?
Hi,
I just had an test and interview in Calgary today and I was told that they are sending oath invites for July and August just now. May be you will get in couple of days!
Good luck!

kash_01

Apr 10, 2018
I know that feeling even I have less time than others
It's frustrating I done the test&interview on 23 May until now no DM yet, I was told by the officer there's a background check global one in processing with no time frame, Now I need to travel on August, I was told as well if there's a plan to travel by July let us know, I don't know why they don't start this kind of background early??? btw I did also FP before the test which delay the application at least 2-3 months!!!
Good luck everyone.
Background check global?? Do they not do all the checks before the citizenship test/interview? To be, this doesn't make sense to call an applicant for a test while the backgrounds check are underway!!! I can understand you frustration!

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
My husband passed april 4th and still nothing

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, me to I've done my PF ~ Jan/Feb and this delayed us ~ a month further, seems our files with the officer ;(
This is my theory: We all know that in Calgary all the background check are done before the test and interview, that's why MOST applicants get DM the next day. Why the delay for some of us? I think it depends on 2 things:
1. How did your interview go? Was the officer satisfied with your answers, passport stamps, proof of language etc...
2. What is your country of origin? I was reading another thread on this forum and it's clear that applicants from some middle eastern countries are more likely to encounter delays after the interview.

GoodMorningCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hope it comes to an end soon for all of us waiting "background checks", for me, its been close to 2 months since my test and interview.
By the way, the interview went very well for us, literally less than 2 mins for the whole family.