28 AUGUST
VISA ISSUED...
30 AUGUST
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Hi folks,

May be I am overthinking it, but just wondering is there anyone who got DM after February 15th, did not file 2017 taxes yet and got oath invite?

Or in other words, one must maintain all requirements of citizenship till oath date. One of the requirements being filing taxes, I wonder if that may be one of the reasons people get oath invites sooner than others. :)

Last edited:

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi folks,

May be I am overthinking it, but just wondering is there anyone who got DM after February 15th, did not file 2017 taxes yet and got oath invite?
Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you're most certainly overthinking it to believe that the filing of 2017 taxes has anything at all to do with IRCC making decisions on an application.

Reactions: CANADIANZ

spgu12

Nov 28, 2017
Hi folks,

You are definitely overthinking... Got oath invite yesterday and haven't submitted my taxes yet. I know it is difficult but be patient. I'm sure you'll get the invite within a week.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
You are definitely overthinking... Got oath invite yesterday and haven't submitted my taxes yet. I know it is difficult but be patient. I'm sure you'll get the invite within a week.
My application time line is exactly same as yours. AOR was emailed.

I got my test invitation letter in Canada post email.... test date 28th Feb, DM march 2nd...

I wonder if Oath letter arrives in snail mail or email? Did you get all letters by email?

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Quick question - are there a lot of date/year related wuestions on the citizenship test?
we were told not to go through it but just read book in details it will take 2 hours and most of are getting all correct. Just be logicall when you answer.