+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calculating total work experience for CRS and FSW

noc2132

Nov 28, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

I graduated with a Master's in Mechanical Engineering in May 2016 (US). I started working as a Product Development Intern in Feb 2017. I have since transitioned to Associate Design Engineer (starting Oct 2017) and then to Design Engineer (starting Mar 2018) all within the same company (US). I currently work at the same place under the Design Engineer title and I have never had any breaks in employment.

I have a few questions about entering my work experience in my Express Entry Profile.

1) Most of the duties I performed as an intern would fall under NOC2132 (which is the same noc for my other two titles) and I was on OPT during this period. It was a paid internship and I was a full-time employee working at least 40 hours a week. Would this work experience count towards my CRS score?

2) I was still on OPT the entire time I was working as an Associate Design Engineer. This was also a paid full-time position and falls under NOC2132. Would this work experience count towards my CRS score as well?

3) I was still on OPT when I transitioned to the Design Engineer role in Mar 2018. I got my H1B approved in Oct 2018 and got it stamped in Dec 2018. Since I have been working continuously for more than one year in my latest job title, this work experience is eligible for FSW right? Or does being on OPT impact the days between Mar and Oct/Dec 2018? I have already created my Express Entry profile, but I just wanted to make sure that I am not submitting any misinformation.

4) If all three of my above listed work experiences could be counted towards my CRS score, wouldn't I theoretically have fulfilled 3 years of work experience by Feb 2020? That would give me an additional 25 points around the end of Feb 2020 right?

Thanks to anyone taking the time to respond to this. I assumed that my internship wouldn't count towards my CRS score, so I left it out in my Express Entry profile. I wanted to clarify things before I add it to my profile.