+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calculating skill transferability points

googler

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Hello senior members

I have a question regarding skill transferability factors for combination of level of education and official language proficiency. I have a 4-year Bachelor's degree and a 2-year Master's degree and my language skills are all higher than CLB 9 level. When calculating the point for this section, do I get 50 point because I have two or more post-secondary degrees, one of which was issued on completion of a postsecondary program of three years or more? Or do I need to hold two Bachelor's degrees only to obtain 50 points?

Many thanks for your comments.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googler said:
Hello senior members

I have a question regarding skill transferability factors for combination of level of education and official language proficiency. I have a 4-year Bachelor's degree and a 2-year Master's degree and my language skills are all higher than CLB 9 level. When calculating the point for this section, do I get 50 point because I have two or more post-secondary degrees, one of which was issued on completion of a postsecondary program of three years or more? Or do I need to hold two Bachelor's degrees only to obtain 50 points?

Many thanks for your comments.
You claim 50 points in education + language skill transferability section, since master's degree by itself is level 7 eduction, and it means that you have completed Bachelor's before Master's degree anyway. So - you have 2 post secondary programs - Bachelor's + Master's. :)

tyylm

Dec 23, 2014
boske83 said:
You claim 50 points in education + language skill transferability section, since master's degree by itself is level 7 eduction, and it means that you have completed Bachelor's before Master's degree anyway. So - you have 2 post secondary programs - Bachelor's + Master's. :)
In this case, does applicant need to do ECA for bachelor and master degree both before apply?

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
tyylm said:
In this case, does applicant need to do ECA for bachelor and master degree both before apply?
According to me, yes you may require ECA for bachelor and master as you are claiming points based on your bachelors....I am in the same boat....I got my bachelor evaluated and my masters is from Canada itself...

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyylm said:
it depends what is written on yours masters degree diploma... on mine, it says - completed basic and masters studies bla bla bla...

if it is from different countries - i think you need to send both.. but on same university - it is enough to provide only master's degree...

tyylm

Dec 23, 2014
boske83 said:
it depends what is written on yours masters degree diploma... on mine, it says - completed basic and masters studies bla bla bla...

if it is from different countries - i think you need to send both.. but on same university - it is enough to provide only master's degree...
Thanks for your reply and another further question is :
My highest level of completed education is master, and I use it to get the highest points for education part in CRS(Comprehensive Ranking System). However, at the skill transferability section for education, if I apply as master degree then I can't get reward points for this part since applicant needs to have 2 post secondary programs.How does CRS calculate for this case?

Let me guess. If I understand correctly, I can get 126 points for education part because I have married and my highest degree is master. And I also can get extra 25 points for education bonus part in skill transferability section if I get WES certificated for my bachelor degree and master degree both with IELTS CLB7. Am I right?

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
I have received my ECA assessement from WES and the ECA summary says Bachelor's degree (4years)
But in fact, what I had given for my credential analysis were
1) Credential: Bachelor of Commerce (Mumbai)
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2) Credential: CA Final Examination Certificate
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (two years)

I would like to know what category should i consider when calculating my CRS , I am confused please advise .
I have the following options
1) three year or more post secondary credential
2) two or more post secondary credential with atleast one being 3+ years
3) master's or entry to practise professional degree

Your reply will be really helpful
thanks guys

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Nikhil89 said:
I have received my ECA assessement from WES and the ECA summary says Bachelor's degree (4years)
But in fact, what I had given for my credential analysis were
1) Credential: Bachelor of Commerce (Mumbai)
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2) Credential: CA Final Examination Certificate
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (two years)

I would like to know what category should i consider when calculating my CRS , I am confused please advise .
I have the following options
1) three year or more post secondary credential
2) two or more post secondary credential with atleast one being 3+ years
3) master's or entry to practise professional degree

Your reply will be really helpful
thanks guys
Nikhil, I am having same question... Could you please let me know what option you have chosen while applying? If possible, can we connect with each other? My number is 09967030567.

Thanks!

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
kainthsimranjit said:
According to me, yes you may require ECA for bachelor and master as you are claiming points based on your bachelors....I am in the same boat....I got my bachelor evaluated and my masters is from Canada itself...
But i read some where if your highest degree is from Canada you dont need eca...

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
kainthsimranjit said:
You might want to refer ministerial instructions for educational points.

It says under [ 11. (1) The points that are to be assigned for the level of education factor referred to paragraph 9(b) are the following: ]

(4) The maximum number of points that may be assigned under

(a) paragraph (1)(a) is 150 points; and (For candidates who are single)
(b) paragraph (1)(b) 140 points. (For candidates who are married)

That means, If some one holds a master degree from Canada and Bachelor from abroad then he would get only either 135 points (If single) or 126 points (if married). Doesn't matter if he gets assessment for Bachelor degree, it wont give him extra points on top of 135 or 126.

mrel78

Jan 10, 2016
Hello everyone

More less the same problem, I have an application under the canadian experience class, I had 120 points under the Human Capital-Level of Education but last month I took the WES and they gave me the Bachelor 3 years, I updated my application with this new info but they did not give me any extra points :( why?
Somebody know the difference between "Human Capital-Level of Education" and "Skill Transferability-Certificate of Qualification"

Thanks

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrel78 said:
Hello everyone

More less the same problem, I have an application under the canadian experience class, I had 120 points under the Human Capital-Level of Education but last month I took the WES and they gave me the Bachelor 3 years, I updated my application with this new info but they did not give me any extra points :( why?
Somebody know the difference between "Human Capital-Level of Education" and "Skill Transferability-Certificate of Qualification"

Thanks
Does it mean that you created profile first and then completed ECA & updated profile later?

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrel78 said:
Hello everyone

Thanks
120 points is what you get if you hold a Bachelor's degree and have no spouse or common-law partner. Not sure how 120 points was awarded before if you had not done WES evaluation.

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
boske83 said:
Dear All,
I have only my Masters and no bachelors , i gained entry in to the masters program through years of management experience and industry references. my problem is when calculating CRS under skill transferability the canada visa tool gives me 25 points ( My English is 9+) and the cic.gc.ca tool which i thin is the government site , gives me 50 points . pls help

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp