+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

hankayosuno

Jun 23, 2020
but this update: ECAS Application approved: November 9, 2020
happens in the application page right?
another question: do we receive the COPR along with the passport after stamping in the same package?
yes, application page on ircc website

yes, copr paper document in same package

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Any news from Cairo visa office anyone? Also any idea if the officers working out of Cairo or remotely?

Lyndsea

Jul 11, 2020
We receieved an email stating that i am eligible to sponsor my husband to immigrate to canada from Egypt, and that
The Application for Permanent Residence will be forwarded to the visa office in Cairo
for further processing, Now my question is in how long on average until they will answer us, and what specific additional paper work they ask us to sumbit in the future ? Thanks in advance.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
We receieved an email stating that i am eligible to sponsor my husband to immigrate to canada from Egypt, and that
The Application for Permanent Residence will be forwarded to the visa office in Cairo
for further processing, Now my question is in how long on average until they will answer us, and what specific additional paper work they ask us to sumbit in the future ? Thanks in advance.
In general any application will follow the default timeline which is 12 months from the day your application was received. No one can tell exactly how long it will take. Some takes less and other longer it is a matter of luck and depends on a case by case basis. Additional paper work they might ask or they might not ask for. Commonly, they may require an updated Background Schedule A form and Police Certificate. Also some applicants might be required to redo the medical check up if it expire. In case of interview they ask for additional proofs of relationship and sometimes the original marriage certificate.

Congratulations for file transfer. When did you apply?

Lyndsea

Jul 11, 2020
In general any application will follow the default timeline which is 12 months from the day your application was received. No one can tell exactly how long it will take. Some takes less and other longer it is a matter of luck and depends on a case by case basis. Additional paper work they might ask or they might not ask for. Commonly, they may require an updated Background Schedule A form and Police Certificate. Also some applicants might be required to redo the medical check up if it expire. In case of interview they ask for additional proofs of relationship and sometimes the original marriage certificate.

Congratulations for file transfer. When did you apply?
We applied in early april 2020, And just got the news yesterday dec 3rd that I was accepted as a sponsor and it was being sent to cairo for further processing.
One year from being received in April? Or one year from when they receive it in Cairo?

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
We applied in early april 2020, And just got the news yesterday dec 3rd that I was accepted as a sponsor and it was being sent to cairo for further processing.
One year from being received in April? Or one year from when they receive it in Cairo?
One year from April, more or less. It's been 13 months for me now and still waiting. Hopefully it's going to be faster for you