+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Loula

Jul 22, 2018
Hey everyone,

New on here. Was wondering, is everyone here living apart from their spouse? I am a Canadian citizen, Egyptian descent, living with my husband in Egypt for 4 years now. Applied for sponsorship September 2017.

Is it an issue to Cairo immigration that I reside with husband and not in Canada?

Loula

Jul 22, 2018
Hello,

I had the same exact email. I live with my husband in Egypt but now we are facing a problem with them. They already have his passport. My employment letter from my father was not enough evidence so they asked for a confirmation ticket. Problem is, I am pregnant and due in two weeks so I left Cairo and now I am at my parents house in Canada. I have a return ticket to Cairo because ofcourse I would go back to my husband with a newborn. They now have a big problem because I have a return ticket. We explained to them that in order for us to leave Egypt, we need confirmation of visa as well as my husband needs to give two months notice to resign. Which is why I have a return ticket to Cairo. Now we are stuck and his passport has been there since May.

What did you provide for proof of intention?

Hello.
So I'm getting excited. The immigration has contacted my husband. They requested some things, along with his passport. Basically, it seems now they want us to prove that I will be leaving Egypt with him, if he is granted the PR. This is the letter they also sent him, after the call.

Dear Madam/Sir,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent by courier:

(X) Evidence of your sponsor’s intention to return to Canada (i.e. A job offer in Canada, evidence of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada, an acceptance letter from an educational institution in Canada, resignation letter from her current employer, …)

(X) Exit stamp from Saudi Arabia.

(X) 2 recent photos for you. Please ensure to provide the photos as per the attached photo specifications. 5cm x 7cm and the face measure should be 3.6 cm.

(X) Your original current valid passports as well as any other previous passports used during the past five (5) years (in case your current passport does not cover the past five years) to enable us to issue your immigrant visa once your case is ready for finalization.

(X) Please indicate your height and eye colour in a separate sheet.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.

Failure to provide the requested documentation within 15 days from the date of this email will result in your application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this email is relevant to the final assessment of your file, failure to provide it will likely result in the refusal of your application.

Please do not reply to this email to confirm that your documents have been sent or to enquire if they have been received.

Ok so I am a bit confused... I already sent them my "job offer" when I first started the whole process.. so why do they need it again??? or do they need an updated version... like reassuring that the offer is still valid. since it has been 5-6 months since we started.

Also, I plan on sending them our plane tickets, is that enough on its own???
He

Loula

Jul 22, 2018
Sent husbands passport in May.... they came up with new questions just last week so looks like it will be a while

So we have 3 EE cases so far that sent passports to embassy with no feedback.

March ... Amronavich
May ... Omo-layla
July ... Diaa

Anyone else in the same boat? On tge other hand, anyone with a speedy visa stamp within one month from cairo visa office?

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hello,
i am planning to sponser my spouse for Canada Immigration and in a process to gather all documents.
Our marriage is done in Bahrain and our Nikah Nama is in arabic so i need to do the English translation.
Wondering is this possible to do English translation from other country as i am in Pakistan or is it should have to be done from same country where Nikah is done?
Appreciate for your time.

Thank You
Hi Wasif,
You can do your translation anywhere you want... it only needs to be a certified translation.
Good luck!

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
T

thank you for your reply.
So i can notarize my documents also from Pakistan, not necessary be done from Bahrain?
Yes sure.

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
There is no one get mail about medical or passport request till now nothing happed in Cairo visa office from along time !! What happend ! !

Aziz_1984

Aug 6, 2018
Disclaimer here: I already posted this as a new thread under the Family Class Sponsorship forum and couldn't delete it but then found this thread would be better.

I'm sponsoring my wife and was approved as a sponsor a while back. Unfortunately, her application got sent to Cairo for processing. I say unfortunately because I know how inefficient everything is in Egypt. As expected, the first sign of trouble is when we got the Medical Instructions in French even though we had requested processing in English and we live in Kuwait where French is unheard of as an official or widely spoken language.

The trouble started with an email requesting two police clearance certificates, evidence that I intend to return to Canada and most worrying; the original passport. Now we're not sure why they want the passport since we haven't even done the medical yet and no decision has been taken. The request was part of an email asking for other documents so we're not sure if this was a mistake or a genuine request. To complicate matters further, she's applying for a UK visitor visa because we're going there from mid-October to early November. So she can't possibly send the original passport before we come back from there.

We decided to send all the requested documents without the passport and to include a cover letter to the processing center highlighting all the issues I mentioned. We did however, include a color copy of the full passport and stated that we are willing to send the original once the application has been approved and a visa was ready to be stamped. The processing center received the package yesterday... Today they sent an email saying they want the original!!! Well we can't provide the original since it's with the UK visa processing center and they won't return it before 20 working days.

My questions are as follows:
1. Why are they requesting the original?
2. How long do they expect to keep it?
3. Can the request I mentioned be considered an official Passport Request Letter? There was no mention of how or when we'll get the passport back.
4. Can the processing center stamp a visa before getting the medical results and background check?
5. Can they request the passport before we've even been asked for biometrics?

MohamedWalid

Oct 27, 2017
Hello all,

I am a PR of Canada, who is an Egyptian citizen and about sponsoring my Egyptian spouse to Canada. I have a few questions that I would like any experienced person here to help me in answering them.

1. I got my marriage certificate, wife's birth certificate and our national ID's copied, certified, and translated at a private office in Cairo. Are these documents good to be submitted or do I need to do something else to them?

2. The first page of my wife's passport is copied and certified at the same office. Is that enough for the passport requirement? Or do I need to copy more pages of the passport. What's meant by a FULL COPY of the passport, which is mentioned in the country specific requirement for Egypt?

3. I will soon apply for my wife's police clearance, what did you do with this document? Just translated and submitted the original one? Or made a certified copy of the Arabic (original) one and then submitted along with its translation?

Your help is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Aziz_1984

Aug 6, 2018
Hello all,

I am a PR of Canada, who is an Egyptian citizen and about sponsoring my Egyptian spouse to Canada. I have a few questions that I would like any experienced person here to help me in answering them.

1. I got my marriage certificate, wife's birth certificate and our national ID's copied, certified, and translated at a private office in Cairo. Are these documents good to be submitted or do I need to do something else to them?

2. The first page of my wife's passport is copied and certified at the same office. Is that enough for the passport requirement? Or do I need to copy more pages of the passport. What's meant by a FULL COPY of the passport, which is mentioned in the country specific requirement for Egypt?

3. I will soon apply for my wife's police clearance, what did you do with this document? Just translated and submitted the original one? Or made a certified copy of the Arabic (original) one and then submitted along with its translation?

Your help is highly appreciated!

Thanks!
Hello Mohamed,

I'm not sure where exactly your spouse is applying from but in our case, the embassy has a list of certified translators you can use. Usually the list is the same as the British, Australian or New Zealand embassies. My understanding is that translators certify documents by default by attaching a photocopy of the document to the translation and stamping it as a true copy of the original.
  1. The documents should be good. I did not need to have the translations authenticated any further.
  2. When the requirements state a full copy they mean all pages, even the empty ones without stamps. What we did was to provide a full photocopy of the passport and we attached a translation of the Arabic stamps only. That was mainly any entry and exit stamps from Egyptian airports, since no other country we had visited used stamps with Arabic text only. This way you only pay for translating the pages with Arabic stamps not the entire passport.
  3. For the police clearance we applied and got it the following day from one of the police stations (you need one for every country your spouse has stayed in for more than 6 months). Translated at a certified translator and sent along with the original.
Hope this helps and best of luck. Btw you should be aware that as a PR you can only sponsor your spouse if you're living in Canada.

Reactions: MohamedWalid

MohamedWalid

Oct 27, 2017
Hello Mohamed,

I'm not sure where exactly your spouse is applying from but in our case, the embassy has a list of certified translators you can use. Usually the list is the same as the British, Australian or New Zealand embassies. My understanding is that translators certify documents by default by attaching a photocopy of the document to the translation and stamping it as a true copy of the original.
  1. The documents should be good. I did not need to have the translations authenticated any further.
  2. When the requirements state a full copy they mean all pages, even the empty ones without stamps. What we did was to provide a full photocopy of the passport and we attached a translation of the Arabic stamps only. That was mainly any entry and exit stamps from Egyptian airports, since no other country we had visited used stamps with Arabic text only. This way you only pay for translating the pages with Arabic stamps not the entire passport.
  3. For the police clearance we applied and got it the following day from one of the police stations (you need one for every country your spouse has stayed in for more than 6 months). Translated at a certified translator and sent along with the original.
Hope this helps and best of luck. Btw you should be aware that as a PR you can only sponsor your spouse if you're living in Canada.
Hi Aziz,
Thank you very much for your input. You really clarified the points to me and that's highly appreciated. My wife is applying from Egypt, while I am working in Canada.
Concerning the passport, my wife hasn't travelled outside Egypt before. Therefore, all the pages in her passport are empty (blank), except for the first (information) page, the signature, and the last pages.

My (hopefully :)) last question is:
Do I need to make a notarized (certified) copy of the blank pages? I know this sounds like a naive question, but you know I wish to have her application through without any complications.

There is also a page in the passport with some precautions (تنبية) written in Arabic only. Should this page be notarized/translated?

Thanks again Aziz and best regards!
Mohamed

Aziz_1984

Aug 6, 2018
Hi Aziz,
Do I need to make a notarized (certified) copy of the blank pages? I know this sounds like a naive question, but you know I wish to have her application through without any complications.

There is also a page in the passport with some precautions (تنبية) written in Arabic only. Should this page be notarized/translated?
Not sure if you need a notarized copy of all pages. My wife got a visitor visa before and I got approved to sponsor just by providing a photocopy of all passport pages. Nobody asked for a certification (true copy of original) or a translation at all. When we started the application for the Immigrant Visa, that's when we needed to submit a translation of all Arabic entry/exit stamps. I think as long as you're providing a full copy of an empty passport then you should be ok.

Then again, the document checklist (IMM5533e) states:
"Most recently issued passport or travel document for you and all family members (who will accompany you to Canada)... Include only copies of pages showing the passport or travel document number, date of issue and expiration, photo, name, surname, date and place of birth of holder."

I need to point out the fact that we're using a representative and he's the one who requested the translation of the Arabic stamps.

As for the (تنبيه), we did not do anything about that.

Reactions: MohamedWalid

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
Hi All - hoping someone with experience may be able to provide input.

We received our passport request in June but at the same time received a request for a PCC. It took awhile to get the PCC, but according to their police department, it was sent and should have been received by the embassy last week.

We've tried emailing the embassy but their inbox is full and my husband finally got ahold of them on the phone and they just said to try emailing again. They have his passport there and all the documents that they've requested. We want to make sure they received the PCC and also wondering how much longer it should take now?! Has this happened to anyone before?

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
I opened my cic account and I found this:
We sent you correspondence on July 29 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required > but till now nothing received > did any one know what should i do for this situation ? thanks for help